L.J. Peretti Royal Blend blew me away(not a review)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
This jumped into my top 5 after 1 bowl. There is something different about this blend(maybe the Yenidje in it). It had a semi-sweet spiciness to it that I loved. I can see a couple of pounds of this coming my way.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I lost my taste for orientals and latakia, but Royal was one of my favorites when I still enjoyed them. Really good stuff.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Ordered more this morning some to smoke and some to age. Smoking some Tashkent now it is good but not as good as Royal Blend IMHO.

Dec 24, 2012
Tashkent and Royal are completely different blends. Royal has VA in it and is really just a medium-bodied English - a very good one, but there are many similar blends. Tashkent is for the folks that are oriental hounds. Tashkent has no virginia in it whatsoever - just Latakia and different orientals. I LOVE Tashkent, but then I love Orientals and really love the spicy, tangy and soda taste that you get from them. It is a one of a kind blend, but yeah, if you feel that you need a sweet backbone to your English blends then yes, you would prefer Royal. Omega and Smith's Own should also be tried, as well as Pride of Lochlomand (spelling?). I haven't tried British Blend or Century but many folks like those as well.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
already tried British Blend and thought it was ok. I have some Omega that I will fire up tomorrow. Still got to try the London Flake also.

Status
Not open for further replies.