Linkman's Dr. Grabow, Chunky Billiard, So Happy!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well, after drinking a large Margarita for "Uno de Mayo", getting ready for "Cinco de Mayo" I had to post my latest PAD. I don't collect Linkman's pipes, but I do like old American pipes, and while doing some research on a pipe I was looking at on ebay I came across a pipe on Etsy. I've never bought anything on Etsy but this pipe looked real nice. So for $20 I took the plunge and went for it. Now that I have it, I can't believe how cool it is. Near as I can tell it's from the mid to late 30's, and it's a really nice chunky billiard with the propeller logo on the stem. Stamped Deluxe Bruyere 9734. The seller had cleaned it up nicely, pipe cleaner test came out clean. Did a little more cleaning, buffing, and waxing and now it looks so good. I just smoked one of my new favorite blends in it, H&H Virginia Red mixed with Lane 1-Q, 50/50.

I usually dont like stingers, but the odd stinger in these Linkman's doesn't seem to bother me too much. Nice smoke, no gurgles, what a great afternoon! (of course, I may be a little buzzed). I seem to be getting a real thing about billiards.

img_0137-600x449.jpg

img_01411-600x418.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
Ok, I'm a little more sober now, and I still love this pipe! Not very impressive grain, and a few dings, and a couple of pits, but it's probably one of the oldest pipes I have.
Nice try daniel, but I think I'll have to keep it rather than turn a big profit like that on it!
Jeez, and I now realize that I called H&H Louisiana Red, Virginia Red! (that's why they call it ta-kill-ya I guess) :crazy:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice Deluxe! I really like the early Linkman pipes,including the non Dr.G. lines.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
Ok, I just smoked some #2025 english cavendish in this pipe, and it was a really great smoke! The briar is old but has rather non-remarkable grain, but it makes no difference in the smoking experience. I love this pipe and the feel of it and the way it smokes, and the stinger makes no difference except that it won't pass a pipe cleaner. It still doesn't gurgle, so it doesn't matter. Some old pipes are just well made and nice smokers, nothing else to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.