PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
I don't have much experience with these types of blends, but am finding them pleasurable. Particularly PS LTF and McC's Bulk 805. I don't care too much for Frog Morton but the original is the only one I've had in the series. Not looking for lat blends either. I guess VA's with just a hint of some type of topping. Any suggestions?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Most definitely Mac Baren Virginia No. 1. Love it, and just ordered more tins of it albeit it can be had in bulk.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Thank you sir, that was on my to do list but got lost in the mix somewhere.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
PS Luxury twist flake, McClellend's Fragrant matured cake, Erinmore flake, 4noggins prairie wind.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Someone will complain that I am "tooting" my own horn here. Let that happen. Check out the tremendous selection of aromatics on www.smokingpipes.com.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

clarkj734

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2014
Slightly different but delicious...
G&H Glengarry Flake
Its not "floral" at all and has the smallest amount of Scent of any Lakeland. Great Virginia Flake with some extra sweetness. One of my favorites

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
natibo
I can't knock anything for IRC. I began pipe smoking on the original Three Star when there were no other Three Star Blends. I still keep it in my rotation 40 years later! Yes, in fact, it was a catalyst of inspiration for my own Blend (CBB). I have great respect for the IRC Blends!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Just smoked some G&H Kendal flake today from a sample, great stuff, if you like lemon taste, it's more of a lemon taste with a hint of rose or perhaps almond. Couldn't really call it soapy in my opinion. You can really taste the Virginia more than anything, and I can't really sense any ghost in the pipe I used.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks all, they all sound like winners. Feel like I've got to try all of these now.

Status
Not open for further replies.