PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Anything new brings with it a certain amount of apprehension. Giving up my practical, sensible Volvo in exchange for a totally alien-to-me and fairly exotic Porsche Cayman was somewhat nerve wracking. From picking the actual example to negotiating the price to having a mechanic inspect the car, all of this done out of state, I wasn't all that confident. Add to that the fact it isn't the average car for a guy with a bad back. The primary motivation for this change was a desire for fun, to add excitement to my days. I wanted a car that was as much an experience as transportation.

After little more than a week of living with this car I can say with supreme confidence that I made the best choice available to me. I get excited anytime I have anywhere to go. The most mundane errand becomes a wild ride. I actually look for reasons to go places. The Volvo, while practical, did nothing to bring joy to my days. The Porsche is special in a way I can't put into words. Each time i see it in my driveway i smile. I know that it's just a car, but it isn't. In my search for things to look forward to, this car is exactly what the doctor ordered and then some. Getting in and out is a bit awkward, but so fucking what!! It's totally worth the price of admission!! The aesthetics, the handling, the quality of the build, the brilliant, beautiful sound... It's far more fun than I ever anticipated. Should the opportunity present itself, drive one and you'll see what I mean. I'm not much of a car guy, or rather I wasn't much of a car guy, but now I'm a Porsche fan! Awesome fun!!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am stealing this from Member Location thread and putting here:
3qQLqM7.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"...the brilliant, beautiful sound ..." ah yes. You probably want some music sometimes, but when you don't, there's that great machinery singing to you.

May 4, 2015
Couldn't be happier for you. I'm stuck with my hooptie-get-to-work mobile, but it does its job fine. I could have a "nice" car, but the wife and I swore off car notes long ago. If I didn't spend all my money on other extravagances, I may be able to save up for something nice like you've got yourself.
Cheers, and be safe! I hope you have good insurance on it!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Zito, negative. Based on my history I'd very likely set it on fire.
Tom, no car note for me either. For the same insurance plan I had on my Volvo which was full comprehensive coverage, the Porsche is cheaper. Go figure that one out!! I also purchased a 4yr warrantee for the car. I'm set ;)
JVNSHR, lol thanks for that!!

May 4, 2015
For the same insurance plan I had on my Volvo which was full comprehensive coverage, the Porsche is cheaper. Go figure that one out!!
Can't. Can't figure it out. Comprehensive is great - you DID add collision as well, correct?

May 4, 2015
Very good. I hope now that you have nice things, you've chosen an appropriate liability limit as well. Would hate for someone's attorney to come after your nice things if your insurance policy limits are exhausted.
(Sorry, this is what I do. I can't help it.)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
When I"m up for a ride I crank up my 65 Horse Turbocharged John Deere, outfitted with Self Leveling Bucket, 7 Ft Monster Man Bushhog. I push it to the limit, 25 mph in high gear, when I want to contemplate, I shift in crawler gear, 1 mph, man it don't get no better than this. If you believe this I've got a little Bridge I built over a coulée,to sell you. :laughat: just wanted Nate to feel good about his machine.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol thanks brad! Do you at least have a bangin' sound system on that tractor with a pair 15in subs running a thousand watts per? ;)
Al, yeah it's my sole source of transportation. Since I don't work I don't drive enough to justify two cars. Just for puttin around :) and yes I'm thankful to have a nice garage!!
Orley, will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.