PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Hello fellow pipers.
You may remember a while back, Scott McClelland was on the radio show. He also commented on how he loved his 'briar' pipe.
Well the screw in tenon broke today. He's contemplating fixing it...but also is interested in finding a replacement. He isnt into big name brands, just a nice pipe.
The pic isnt the greatest, but gives you an idea. Large bowl...Sandblasted.... thick stem with a 1/4 bend it seems.
If anyone has something for sale...he isnt a rich man...but it would make him a happy man

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I can have a look and see if I have something that might work. Is an estate pipe acceptable or must it be new?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Is that the same Scott that used to run a traveling "Freak Show" that moved across Canada? From Toronto area?

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Yes it is...i dont think it has to be new...i can work my magic on a restoration.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Hes from the ottawa area....might go pipe shopping this afternoon... see what he likes. Then go from there..

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Message me his address, I have a few I'll send him. Him and I used to travel together and had a great night at a bar in Saskatoon called The Black Duck.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I would so party with that dude, just from that photo. For those of us that didn't hear the radio show, would you tell us who Scott McClelland is? Apparently he toured Canada with a freakshow, and ogre traveled with him, but who is he? Glad to hear he's already getting pipes from forum members :)
@ogre: Yeah, you've probably got some stories , too!

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Thats probably the easiest idea...listen to his interview. Scotts a wonderful gentleman. I feel privlidged to call him friend.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Scott is a great guy, a true performer, and an awesome story teller. Its fun going out with him as he tends to look like someone you'd see in a vampire or old 50's horror film but in reality the guy has a heart of gold. I used to travel the fairs with my family business years ago and Scott made being away from home a lot easier just by being himself. Google "Carnival Diablo" and you'll see Scott in full "Performance Mode".

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
So.... I'm bumping this thread for the sole purpose to thank you all for your unexpected generosity.
I originally posted this with the hopes that i could find Scott a nice replacement for the one briar pipe that he loved. Now he has some surely great pipes coming his way, gifted by individuals who know who they are.
Hats off to you fine pipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.