PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
As I sit here smoking frog Morton cellar out of my charatan 33 I'm thinking about what other va/lat blends I've had and enjoyed. What's some of your guys favorites?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
+1 on the Presbyterian. That's some pretty good stuff. Gaslight and Maltese Falcon are also pretty stellar. Gaslight is a little deeper in the latakia and the Maltese Falcon is creamer and very delicious. Only problem is that the MF can be difficult to obtain as the stock doesn't get replenished very quickly.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Wait, don't all these contain turkish/orientals? Frog Morton doesn't, but the others do.
Lat/Va mixtures I like:
Dunhill BB1938

SG Commonwealth

Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
SG's Navy flake is a lovely virginia and latakia flake with a lightly applied rum topping. Infact I'm off for a bowl now!

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Solani 763

003-061-0013.jpg

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Don't usually smoke Latakia blends but winter is here which seems to suit them. Just sent for SG Winter flake and Macbaren HH latakia flake.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Boswell's Northwoods is VA/Lat only and a very good one. Brebbia Latakia Flake #9 is also VA/Lat only and uses Syrian Latakia.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Chelsea Morning is not purely VA and Latakia, but those are certainly the primary components. At least to my taste buds. And it is a marvelous blend. The same can be said for the Sutliff Crumble Kake English #1.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
If you can dig up a tin of McClelland Anniversary, the one in white paper with a red seal on top, grab it. It is an under the radar blend in the McClelland crazed market. Straight virginia and latakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.