Let's see what you wore for Halloween (2014)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
As some of you may know Halloween is a big event for me and I make horror costumes as another hobby.
This year I did a Nightmare on Elm Street theme and of course broke out my Freddy Krueger costume complete with silicone skin and artist made razor glove. I weathered the sweater myself and the black Docker pants came from Goodwill. The fedora is from a costume store, but I added diluted paint to it to take that "off the shelf" look away.
I got a ton of compliments on my costume, especially from parents who had to tell some of their kids "you don't know how scared you should be of that guy."
image15.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I told the crew we met for lunch that I was dressed as a retiree. One woman had on a black dress and mask with

addressed envelopes safety pinned to it, and first I guessed dead letter office, but then it finally dawned on me,

blackmail!

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
Mormon Spiderman. The other side of the tag said Peter Parker so I could sometimes take the mask off and drink.

72332_10152580346885394_1062676058_n_zpsfdb03332.jpg

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Here it is--the little kids were really freaked out by the pipe, and the smoke coming from it. However, they appreciated the candy enough to hang around. To be fair, I did offer them the option of some nice, healthy broccoli.
d9b496327d911612dbf8f9339eafb502_zps9cdf9731.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We had only six kids, two groups of three, sweet, polite kids. We gave them Reeses peanut butter cups and

Dove dark chocolate nuggets, and took in the pumpkin and turned out the porch light by nine. Both groups

of kids arrived by car, driven by parents presumably. No echos of merriment of groups running door to door.

At least we had a few.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@edwinbaz, so you were Elder Spiderman? Does Spidey web sling door to door to spread the word of John Smith when he isn't out doing Gods will sorting out criminals and sinners?
@mso, that's unfortunate. We had plenty of kids and almost all were on foot going door to door.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
that is the first Mormon to go solo...usually they travel in pairs.

@McBragg That is a sweet costume!

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Mormon Spiderman
Hello,

my name is Spiderman, and if you had a few minutes I would like to talk to you about radioactivity and it's effects on spiders and the people who get biten by them... Brochure?

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"Here it is--the little kids were really freaked out by the pipe, and the smoke coming from it. However, they appreciated the candy enough to hang around. To be fair, I did offer them the option of some nice, healthy broccoli."
Rav,
I'll just bet you've got some serious tooth chatter on that stem!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks guys. It's an expensive hobby, but I make some money doing it because I sell hockey masks and Freddy Krueger sweaters.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I didn't get to crazy with my costume as I went as a Metalhead. Put on a fake wig, my Metal jacket, old concert t-shirts, my studded belt, studded gloves, fake bullet belt, cargo pants and boots.
http://instagram.com/p/u12W0-PWpL/?modal=true

Status
Not open for further replies.