PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Since July 4th is often a time when we get together with family or friends and have a big ol' bbq, I thought I'd pass on an interesting website link I found.
Southern Food Alliance
I used to fire up the New Braunsfel Black Diamond smoker pit at least twice/year on Memorial Day and July 4th, but my current situation is "on hold" for these events. My family members have either all died or relocated all over the place (Europe, etc.) and it's a case of having to wait to resume regular life with my new extended family. They are somewhat scattered as well - Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, NYC, so as close as I can get to a July 4th special day is to chill a "personal watermelon" in the fridge and grill a cowboy ribeye on an electric grill.
Hardly a BBQ, huh? I'm used to tilting beers/mint juleps, etc. with friends while the smoker cooked racks of ribs to perfection, then coating them with a once a year made jug of my own homemade sauce, that included lime juice for a West Indies touch. It's something I'm looking forward to when I finally settle down with my Texas bluebonnet...
I hope you all enjoy reading at that site link above and that you make the best of "what ya' got," 'cause ya' never know when events may change it all...

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I also live at least 10 hours from the nearest family and will be enjoying the holiday in a similar fashion.
I enjoyed the link, thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.