Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Leonard Wortzel. Leonard is the Vice President of Marketing & Product Development for Lane STG. He is responsible for bringing back many favorite tobaccos from the past. Maybe we'll find out what else is coming down the road from Lane STG. This is our 2-year anniversary show, and to celebrate, I will guest host the show. In "Pipe Parts", I will talk about Nicotine.
leonard-wortzel.jpg

Leonard Wortzel

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
This looks much more like the Leonard that I met at the Chicago Pipe Show. The girl was better looking, but probably does not know as much about tobacco as this man.
Winton

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks OnePyrotec! I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I had fun doing it. In addition to Brian never calling me the right name, he refers to himself as "The Talent". It's my fault for jokingly calling him that once.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thrilled to have my question included in this interview, and more to the point, was well informed as to why various burleys are included in Lanes Burley Without Bite. I do appreciate it!

It was an honor to have my question asked, and it will be an even greater honor to get to try the new blend. Kevin, you and Brian should do a tag team interview at sometime. It would be great to hear the banter between you two.

BTW, the song wasn't bad, wasn't bad at all. It made me want my Members Only Jacket, Chess King Ties, and Breakfast Club, ha ha.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Mr. Googbee: (That's in honor or Brian)
I want to thank you for asking Mr. Wortzel my question concerning Lane STG's possible plans for the House of Edgeworth portfolio. I must admit to being somewhat confused by his answer, as Lane Limited previously manufactured Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed under the authority of the trademark owner, and seems to have had no problems doing so. Why would this then be a problem for Lane STG?
Regardless, I appreciate your broaching the subject with him!

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Well Leonard really saved the show...it was very enjoyable to hear his interview especially after just re-reading the article on him in P and T Magazine....the music selection was nice, definitely brought back memories of younger years, and Keith sounded half way decent on lead vocals.....I'm sure Brian was cringing as Kris opened the show and forgot the first advertisement....oops there goes a sponsor, good thing producer Carlton was the host, guess he can't really fire himself....fun show guys...thanks for the change of pace....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Loved it when Leonard said he was more a tobacco man than a pipe man, and said he smoked Stanwells most often because

they are made by the parent company and made their way to his desk. It's a different point of view from most of us who are

pipe obsessed, and a breath of fresh air on the subject. Also, his level headed approach to tobacco legislation is somewhat

reassuring, since this is his livelihood, and he is not feverish on the subject. Like most pipe/tobacco people, he seems to have

a lot of perspective and presence of mind.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Congratulations on two years. I appreciate all of Brian's and Kevin's work in bringing this show to us weekly. Nice job, Kevin on filling in! Here's to many more years of the show.

May 31, 2012
Great show Kevin!
Well done.

:clap:
You're very quick witted too, I like the Wedgeworth name idea!

:D
...and my question had a very promising answer,

that was great to hear!

:!:

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.