dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
PC210801.jpg

Hmmm... what to start with?

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
It is funny that you mention the Black House, because I just cracked it open to get a smell. I think it is going to be my ride to work pipe tomorrow morning.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I thought that MacBaren tin would be bigger - it must be pretty densely packed, it looks the same size as the 50g tins of that shape.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
The MacBaren is a brick both literally and figuratively.

Tried Black House this morning with my coffee. It was a very pleasant smoke. Need to smoke more of it before I pass judgement, but as of right now Frog Morton and Squadron Leader are still my lat blends of choice.

Escudo was a real surprise for me. I ordered two vice one tin by accident. I am glad I made that mistake. Love the coin shape and size, just the right amount of tobacco measured out for you. Best of all the flavor and burn characteristics suit me very well. This may end up as one of my go to smokes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Nice haul, I am a big fan of the Escudo and Old Dark Fired. Escudo was the blend that really opened my eyes to how great a pipe can be.
Anthony, those ODF tins look like a 50 but they are twice as thick. The flakes are packed tightly and are very uniform, very nice presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.