PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
From the latest catalogue.... I see some great deals in our future as they empty there warehouse. Trying to make lemonade here... scary stuff.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Yep P&C is out of the blending business so no more Best of the Rest either I imagine. Russ did mention on a previous thread about publishing some recipes so we could buy the leaf and blend at home. Tobacco blending will become the new moonshining.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess eventually I'll have to go down to the motel on the highway with the bullet holes in the sign and ask for Shimmy Jake to buy what is passed off as a pouch of Five Brothers. I'll be damned.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
A rough guess, based on the earliest review date found on TR shows these H&H blends may be going away.
This excludes aros as I had assumed that all aros were toast and didn't check them out individually.
Marquee Series

Mid Town Series

Balkan Sobranie 759 match

Balkan Sobranie match

Classic Burley Kake

Daybreak

Delta Days

Drawing Room

Dunhill BB1938 Match

Freight Train

Fusilier’s Ration

Lakeland Brickle and Brickle Fortissimo

Latham Circle

Magnum Opus

Mohawk River

Patroon Island

Porch Swing

Steamroller

Stogie

Sycaway

Jan 8, 2013
It looks like you can still get My Own Blend currently. I guess I better stock up on a couple I had made and saved on my account that I really enjoyed, while I still can. This is such a shame, because the My Own Blend was really fun. Fortunately I've started blending my own at home recently, but I'll still miss this. The FDA is getting out of hand and this nonsense has to be stopped!

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
The Marquee Series would include Blackhouse and Whiteknight both of which are younger than Magnum Opus I believe.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
A rough guess, based on the earliest review date found on TR shows these H&H blends may be going away.
Well Sable. You just officially scared the hell out of me. I just ordered 2 14oz tubs each of Midtown Series "Chestnut" and "Chatham Manor". These custom codger matches fit the profile exactly of the blends that we seem to be set to lose in the near term.
These 2 blends are absolutely beautiful and I am not prepared to lose them any time soon.
What about Russ' awesome tobaccos blended for Missouri Meerschaum? They are already completely back-ordered on both P&C and SPC. They may be gone already. I really liked "American Patriot". Too bad.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well Sable. You just officially scared the hell out of me. I just ordered 2 14oz tubs each of Midtown Series "Chestnut" and "Chatham Manor". These custom codger matches fit the profile exactly of the blends that we seem to be set to lose in the near term.
Stan, forewarned is forearmed. It's good to let your representative know where you stand on this Phillip Morris sponsored FDA action, and to let Phillip Morris know that you won't buy any of their products. And you can debate or discuss the various philosophical and societal implications of all of this.
But as a purely practical matter, buy some of the endangered species for later enjoyment while it's still available. Maybe there will be a change in the Regs' but it hasn't happened yet.
Do you want to know if your hallowed blend is likely to take it in the shorts? Go to TR and look through the reviews to see the date of the earliest one. In some cases, the years of release is included in the introduction.
It's a time of uncertainty for the next two years. Some blends might last right to the bitter end, and most will get phased out so that there isn't unsellable stock left over. That would make good fiscal sense. That's clearly what P&C and their parent companies are choosing to do. Simplify the business and reduce exposure.
It is a business, after all. Not a public service.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
It's good to let your representative know where you stand on this Phillip Morris sponsored FDA action, and to let Phillip Morris know that you won't buy any of their products.
FYI Phillip Morris products include Middleton, Carter Hall, and Prince Albert.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sable, I especially feel that the Midtown series is a major loss, as good matching tobacco of some of the classic tub blends at an affordable price. This will hike sales and prices of the remaining available blends and narrow the choices by maybe a reduction of two-thirds (I'm guessing).

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
FYI Phillip Morris products include Middleton, Carter Hall, and Prince Albert.
That is an epic bummer. Luckily, I have found a way to make my own Prince Albert analogue, so I can cut them out of the process.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Scotty's VR blend is already gone, and P&C confirmed it is gone for good.

I loved that blend.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
We down at Standard Tobacco know that we will lose all the John Cotton's blends as well as War Horse RR some of the Murry's blends might survive but it is pretty depressing. We may be able to sell in the UK and the EU but what we have warned about for so long has come to pass.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
If the House Bill passes it will solve all these problems. I expect it will. The vote in November is critical, there can be no party control changes in either the House or Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.