Not open for further replies.

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
screen-shot-2014-11-22-at-92301-pm-600x482.png

2x Sam Gawith Full VA Flake

1x Peterson University Flake

2oz Brown bogie Rope

Gonna compare the Full VA to Wessex BCDF.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Ha! I will be there too, one of these days. That Brown Bogie is good stuff.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
What is the name of that shape/style? I just tried to find one and there a 17 pages of Petersons, I got no patience!

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
It is a Peterson Belique . I bought the last one that SmokingPipes had. @ papipeguy I bought is just to smoke VA flakes with I hope it works as good as I think it will.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
Cool, thanks. I will keep an eye out for one. Let me know how it does with the flakes.

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
Well the TAD/PAD arrived yesterday. The pipe looks even better than it did on the website. It is light weight but end loaded so it feels heavier than i actually is when clenched. The bit has good width to it so it is easy to clench. I loaded some Sam Gawith Full VA Flake into it . I could only fit about half a flake into it but I'm a noob to flake smoking so I will probably be able to get more in as time goes on. As far as the smoke goes it smokes like a champ . It needs a little break in but once I get a few bowls through it will be a great pipe. As far as the VA Flake goes to my coffee scalded and unprofessional taste buds it is slightly less sweet than Wessex BCDF . But only slightly . It is a good replacement if no BCDF is available . I will be buying more to cellar along side my 6 tins of BCDF.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I have been very tempted to buy one of these Peterson Belgique. I would love to hear what you think of it after you have been smoking it for a while

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Great choices there! Your SG FVF must have some age in it, every time I tried to smoke it, it took so much prep time that it wasn't worth the effort. BCDF is much easier for me to smoke straight out of the tin than FVF.

Your Belgique bowl is rather small, it might accommodate perhaps 2g of baccy max, about a third of one of those thick SG flakes, no more than that or you won't get a proper airflow ( OK maybe if you cube cut it ).

As long as you treat that pipe with care (it's rather dainty) it will last you a long time. I own two, one in the smooth, and other in the rusticated finish. They are good flake and VA pipes in general.

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
@ rcstan I agree on the fact that BCDF is easier to smoke. But desperate times call for desperate measures . :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.