PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
It isn't a Rad, but I'm working my way up slowly.
The big bowl, its natural/clear finish, and acrylic stem are all departures from the rest of my collection. I think I may be converting, Kashmir, your sermons and this stem are working on me.
I really enjoy the weight, shape and feel, both in my mouth and in my hand. It's a lovely smoker, so far.
Glad I joined the MG club.

Here's my current collection. All gathered since November 2012.

Cheers,
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
That pipe was amazing to see in person, I didn't even want to touch it for fear that my clumsy paws would drop it. Nice collection you've got growing sir!

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Nice pipe. I truly think his pipe are under valued and are a steal at the prices they are going for. Great score.

Dec 24, 2012
Are you saying that a guy that even a guy that knows how to polish vulcanite is embracing acrylic?
Nicely done. I love the grain on that one. Beautiful.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Are you saying that a guy that even a guy that knows how to polish vulcanite is embracing acrylic?
Ha!
First, I love the vanilla ripple colour in the stem. Second, I love that I don't have to put a pipe condom on the end of it for fear of what my chompers might do to the rubber. Third, this pipe would be RUINED by a black stem.
Uh... so... to answer your question... "Yes, your worship, for the record, I am embracing acrylic."
I'm not saying I'm going to go all Kashmirian(TM) and trade out my vulcanite stems for acrylic. But, boy oh boy, am I waking up to the alternatives.
Cheers,
-- Pat

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
Very impressive collection you've got there Pruss. That Mario Grandi is a stunner! Love that stem and grain pattern. Looks like she's capable of a nice big full draw.

Dec 24, 2012
I have a Mario Grandi with a blue stem that I bought some time ago and actully have never smoked. Pretty cool color and different than black.
Here it is:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks Six and Juptier!
Peck, I see what you like there. That finish and stem combination reminds me of some of the Ardor fantasy pipes.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.