PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Here's my latest haul from Pipes & Cigars.

Bulk blends (if they can't be read)are McClelland's 2045, McClelland's 2040 (new blend to me) and Larry's Blend.
Delivery was quick; no other problems. The only thing I notice is a lack of the 'personal touches' that used to be included in the parcels (I refer to wooden matches). I know it seems like a small thing but it made a difference some how.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I think that the USPS has a rule against it now, that's why P&C didn't send matches. They've always been such a stickler on the rules...

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
woodsroad- I agree. Being a lover of latakia blends I find 2045 a refreshing divergence.
shayde - Thanks for the info; it never crossed my mind.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's knowing what you like. If I didn't read forums, I could stock tobacco like that, but since I do,

I always have to keep a spot in my rack or on my shelf for another incredible blend. I already have

a tantalizing variety of unopened tins and cans. Will I ever get to that 12 oz. Half and Half with cans

of Dunhill, Brebbia and Pease running guard? Maybe it will age to a higher excellence.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
nice haul there.. I like the sounds of both those McClellend blends, may have to give them a try on my next order..

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
mso489 - I had smoked a tin of Seattle Evening a long while ago and forgot the experience. So I figured I'd pop the last tin id had in the cellar to see what it was about. I found it to be one of the smoothest, delicious blends I tried in a long time. Given that the prices (read taxes) aren't going to go down I thought I'd pull the trigger on a bunch of the stuff.
mtnfolkmike - I highly recommend trying 2045.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I just got this yesterday and haven't opened Gaslight yet. Could be tonight's treat.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Very nice. I'm really eager to try GLP's Gaslight.
You should be. It's special. I pretty much only smoke Pease blends these days and this one stands out even amongst those other giants.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Delivery was quick; no other problems. The only thing I notice is a lack of the 'personal touches' that used to be included in the parcels (I refer to wooden matches). I know it seems like a small thing but it made a difference some how.
I can't recall on what page of their site, but the lettering is in red so it's clear...But the reason there's no more of the wooden matches included is because they can no longer do so (some kind of new restriction or law change).

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Yep.
Gaslight, Larry's Blend and Seattle Evening.
You're living large, pal.
Do you trust those GLP and SPC tins, though? I jar every tin except Dunhill, Balkan Sasieni and Escudo. I race through the former two and have been told to trust the latter.
Fnord

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Never had a problem with GLP tins. Pease himself ages in the tins, so I'll follow suit with him.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
+1 escioe - I store in tins all the time and haven't had a problem. The only 'tins' I'm a bit wary of are the type Sutliff uses (metal top and bottom, cardboard cylinder). Although I keep an eye on those particular ones, to date, they haven't failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.