Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
My latest pipe. Made this for a friend of mine that is a missionary in Ukraine. He had a similar pipe back in the day, but gave it away when he originally went on the mission field. He sent me a pic and I recreated it with artistic license of course. The tamper is cut from the same block. The cool thing about this pipe is that I drilled it freehand. First time I've ever done that and I never thought I would be able to. For those of you who don't know. Normally I put the briar block in a chuck on the lathe and the block itself spins, then I push a stationary drill bit into the block. But this block was too big to fit into the chuck so I held the block in my hand and pushed it onto a spinning bit. The drill came out perfect. This is a big personal accomplishment. This pipe is a whopper this is a huge pipe. 7 inches long, 3 tall, with a bowl depth of 2 inches.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Pretty pipe Dave, thanks for sharing her with us before sending her on her way.
Congrats on the freehand drilling too. That's quite an accomplishment man.
Bravo!
-- Pat

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice work Dave! Freehand drilling is one thing I haven't gotten the courage to try yet!

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Very nice! It seems that God is blessing your friend in the mission field.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
You did well shaintiques. Really beautiful work. Your missionary friend is blessed in more ways than one. :D

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I love the grain and the shape. Your friend will be very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.