PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Whenever I get the chance to smoke in solitude late at night, I want something filling. It used to be Nightcap or Irish Flake. These days it's 1792 Flake or Lakeland Dark. I love the flavor and soothing nicbuzz from these to end the day. What are your favourites?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
English blends, and high Nicotine blends like, Bold Kentucky, Bayou Night, and 1792.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
As of this month Dreams of Kadath has been very satisfying for a late night smoke. Its a powerhouse in flavor with a decent nic hit. The blend has taken me for a surprise in that i can't believe how much i enjoy this smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lately, Bayou Night. My current batch is more flavorful and has fewer edges that one I tried years ago, and considerable nicotine and nicely melded complex flavor. If I want less nic, Mac Baren Latakia Flake comes to mind, or if burley, Old Joe Krantz.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
in the late night, I just smoked whatever there is. With all the hardship to get just a tin of tobacco, I'll savor every inch of smoke coming out. hehehe

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
When I need a good end of day kick to the head, especially if my tongue is fatigued from heavy smoking, I go for the Black Irish X. It delivers the goods.
jay-roger.jpg

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Anything light in nicotine. Usually something like a straight Virginia. Blends high in nicotine keep me awake and I have difficulty falling asleep. I usually smoke high nic blends as my first smoke of the day. The high nicotine gets my blood flowing along with a cup of coffee.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
For me it's often St Bruno. At the end of the day I really want no surprises - just something solid and reliable. I have smoked St Bruno for years, and last thing at night it is that steady familiarity I crave. Sometimes only a well-loved friend will do.
Mike

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
For me it's generally something full body in a shag or loose cut. I don't like to think much late at night. Thus, Nightcap or Ashton's Artisans or a small cigar. Lately, I've been enjoying crossovers at night as well. But the winds blow in different directions.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
As I am still new to all of this I assume my tastes will change over time, but I tend to go for something full bodied like Nightcap with a pot of Earl Grey tea to brew up a few sweet London Fogs.

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I can't remember where I I saw this written... but I always remembered as it resonated with me.

Nightcap and Early Morning Pipe should have had their names substituted, as I smoke them the other way around!

btwes7

Lifer
Jul 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
For late night - last smoke of the day I lean towards Burley blends. Enjoy Semois a lot but usually just fill a bowl with SWRA, Carter Hall or Crooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.