PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Just talked to Larry, he's happy to be home, goes back to Dr on the 9th of this month. Dr asked him if he smoked, Larry said just the Pipe, no kick back from Dr, so Larry's gonna figure out how to do a one armed load. LOL. He seems to be in good spirits and said his Avatar is a statue his son gave him, I told him some Forum members said he was better looking than that Avatar, got a laugh out of him.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Glad to hear he's doing well at home and in good spirits. Hospitals are not the most restful place. (Unless you like to be woken up to take your sleeping pill) Home is much better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's great news. Home is better for healing and getting rest. Our puffy is one tough old bird.

Tell him to take it slow. People can feel a little euphoric having made it through the surgery, so

he should go slow. If he has a lazy bone in his body, and even if he doesn't, now is the time.

His favorite 'baccy and some ice cream (or whatever he likes) is my prescription for him.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Good news!
Tell him its the same technique you use reload a revolver or pistol when one-handed. Put the pipe stem between the knees and load. With an arm immobilized he probably is unable to tuck the pipe under his upper arm or hold it against his body with his forearm.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
This is good news for the New Year. Glad he got a kick out of the avatar comments too!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Glad to hear he is doing well. I will be praying for him. Thanks for the update Bradley.
Josh S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another good way to pack a pipe one-handed is to say in a loud clear voice,

"Honey, could you pack my pipe for me?" But you have to be good to your

caretaker and stay in a good mood.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm glad he's made it through surgery and back home too. I know a little bit about that stuff.

I'm also really interested in learning more about his surgery and condition, for my own selfish concerns.

Both of my shoulders seem to be causing increasing discomfort.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Sent him a picture of PMon to cheer him up. His wife Norma texted me back that he was trying to shave and they loved the picture. Told her he was from the tough Generation and was allowed a few cuss words. She laughed and said You must know him well. :laughat:

Status
Not open for further replies.