PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So I picked up some rubber pipe bits from 4Noggins (First order with them along with some pipe cleaners and shank brush, and the items arrived insanely fast by the way... wow fast)and the bits only fit on a two or three of my pipes. The stems on most my pipes are just too wide to be able to fit the bits on them. Is there such a thing as these rubber bits in a larger size? Or is that just the way it goes? If so, where can I find them? And if I can't find them, are there any home remedies that will serve the same purpose?

Dec 24, 2012
Not that I know of. That said, use some iso 99% and rub some on the stem bit and then slip the rubber bits on. It really does act as a lubricant and allows you to get the bit on a much larger stem than you might have thought.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
If I remember correctly Kashmir said to use surgical tubing since it is expands well and is cheap or something to that extent.

~Ron

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
There are 8-9mm and 11-12mm, 2 types it just depends who is measuring. Most of the ones in pipe shops or online pipe places are the 9mm ones. Check ebay. I have some 12mm that don't fit most normal pipes, but my Custombilts with saddles stems that are 3/4 or an inch wide, the 12's fit those. If you cant find some, just pm me your address and I will send you over some, I have plenty of extras.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
After experimenting and buying numerous softy bits, I have found that there are two main bits out there on the market. There is a stiffer bit, sold by SPC and other big name online retailers, and then there is an off brand that is a softer rubber. Unfortunately, the softer ones that I have found are at my local B&M, and I have not found them anywhere else (via web orders). The softer rubber allows them to be slipped onto a bit easier than the harder rubber, however both do their trick and both wear out about the same rate. If you are luck enough to come across the softer rubber bits, stock up. Right now I'm stuck with about 50 of the harder rubber ones and I can't stand them.
Shutterbug

Status
Not open for further replies.