PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2013
Today, I decided to test the waters of puffing after my cancer scare a few days ago. I did so with a bowl of Lane Limited's RLP-6 in an exquisitely carved meerschaum I purchased on Ebay last month. RLP-6 offered a cool, beautiful smoke with just a hint of sweetness. It was so relaxing nearly forgot the world existed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Lane's. Am smoking their Burley Without Bite. I may try some RLP-6. It sounds like you've found

a true friend in the blend, so to speak.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I should't brag but I have about 35 pounds of this stuff in the ol cellar! I love it! Best stuff on Earth, glad to see someone else lovin it too!

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Lane RLP-6 is IMHO a "touchstone" aromatic that provides a benchmark as to what an aromatic pipe tobacco should be: Tasty, burns/smokes really well, great room note, and (best of all) cheap!

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
The only tobacco I ever bought by the pound and the biggest reason it's hard for me to get to the other tobaccos I have and still haven't tried. I love RLP-6, it's also the only tobacco I travel with and ironically keep it in an old Captain Black White pouch when on the road. Taste is similar to CBW, but I think RLP-6 smokes cooler and dryer.

mikeklumpp

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2013
hong kong
used to find it too sweet though it was the best seller at two different shops i managed - now it is a staple for me - love it

jazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2013
Dr Watson: Were you exaggerating or do you actually have 35 pounds of RLP-6?

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Yes I actually have 35 mason jars stuffed with one pound each :oops: I just need to stop buying baccy! But it just tastes soo good! What is also great about it, is I get some blend that I don't care for to much, I can mix it up too! I have even added some english to it with good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.