Tags:  No tags yet. 

Lane Limited Ready-Rubbed (Edgeworth)

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by shermnatman
  • Latest reply from lawmax3
  1. shermnatman

shermnatman

Login to Send PM

Last Thursday,14MAR, in addition to trying Velvet for the first time, I also got to smoke my first bowl of Lane Limited's Ready-Rubbed (Edgeworth).

In short, LLRR is a very mild, very straight-forward, unobtrusive, neutral and basic smoke; and so unremarkable and pedestrian, that I found myself wanting to say something to the mixture as I smoked it, like: "C'mon, and do something already!".

I doubt anyone would find anything unpleasant about LLRR, especially if you enjoy a very mild smoke; but frankly, I found it boring and lacking a personality - but, by some folks pallet, LLRR may be just the ticket they are seeking.

I suspect LLRR might be one of the best base tabaks for which an aspiring amateur blender/tweaker might be able to make great use of in their mixing experiments at home. - Sherm Natman

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I find that LLRR doesn't taste like the old Edgeworth RR. Sutliff's Ready Rubbed is closer to the original both in taste and cut. Velvet and I never got along. Too mild to suit me.

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree with Ray47 about LLRR, although I do like it. The Sutliff match is closer, and I recommend you trying that, Sherm. You might like Amphora Original, though it's not like the original ERR.

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. shermnatman

shermnatman

Login to Send PM

Jiminks - Thank you Jim; I will look forward to doing just that!

Ray47 - I agree with you about some of these mixtures being "too mild" to suit my pallet; which loves 5 Brothers for the heavy Nic-Hit, and the distinctive flavor of Prince Albert for my "work-a-day" needs; snd, for my "entertainment tabaks" I gravitate to things like: Presbyterian, Mix965, and the infamously misnomered: Haunted (Adult) Bookshop LOL! - Sherm Natman

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. seanv

seanv

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really enjoy the lane version and will be purchasing the sutliff version in the near future.
    Sometimes a mild slow burning burley is perfect with the morning coffee

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. shermnatman

shermnatman

Login to Send PM

Jiminks - I added the Amphora Original and MATCH Edgeworth to my P&C order for APR; thanks again, I will let you know how it goes. - Sherm Natman

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

celticbrewer

Login to Send PM

I enjoy its simplicity when I have something around the house I need to do. Definitely want to try the sutliff version

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Don't throw it out, just play around with using it as a condiment or bolstering it with other blends or condiment. Some really mild or truly bland blends can background other leaf admirably, and surprisingly.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. pitchfork

pitchfork

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't tried the Lane version, but the Sutliff one is awfully close to the original and definitely scratches the ERR itch.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawmax3

Login to Send PM

I do like the flavor of the Sutliff match.
    It is like smoking a chocolate bar.
    Unfortunately, even with drying, it is about as difficult as I would imagine keeping a chocolate bar lit would be.

Posted 3 weeks ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   autumnfog, seaelf32