PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
What a pleasant surprise this is. Just trying out the HGL I received in the P&C goodie bag I was opening the ziplocks and taking a "whiff" of each and came upon what smelled of a bit of Latakia. I had not really investigated as I assumed these were all Aro's, Guess not. This could easily be an all day smoke for any Light English smoker.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Bought 5 pounds of it Brother! Talk about a great all day smoke, ya got it...

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I started smoking HGL about 15 years ago.I was more than sad when it went off the market.I bought 5 pounds when it became available again.I've got about a pound left,but not for long.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Looking forward to trying it. C&D makes Herman's Own which is a knock-off of HGL, and a pretty good blend, since its demise some years ago. With the "original" back I'll give it a go.

I snen Leonard W. a sample of Crown Achievement as a reference for re-introducing that blend as well as my longtime favorite, Highland, hoping he would consider that blend as well.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
You hit it on the head, A great all day smoke. I love the stuff and also order it 5 lbs at a time.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Agreed, HGL reminds me of Frog Morton on the Town, but better and less expensive.

Tho I confess, I have five cans of Frog in the hall closet "cellar".
~Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.