PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I smoke lane 1Q for the second time in as many days. I must say that it is a keeper. Very nice and mellow tin note ad a very pleasurable smoke. I find that I can clench the pipe and just sit and puff without tongue burn or the bowl really getting too hot. Also found that my local B&M stocks it (under a different name) for a reasonable price of $2.49 an ounce. I've gotta say that this is a stellar smoke and will definitely be one I keep around at all times. Would definitely recommend for a beginner that enjoys aromatics and even for those that don't smoke aros as often. I'm sure most will agree but just my 2 pennies worth.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Yep.
Usually to complete an order I just add a pound of 1-Q and a pound of MV-1000. 4 Oz. of each goes into a jar on the shelf. The rest in mason jars in the cellar. It's a great way to build a stash.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Mixing it half and half with MV-1000 is a treat, too. You can also make "Baron's Chocolate Cake" by layering it in a pipe with CAO Cherry bomb or another favorite cherry blend.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Tried 1-Q on Saturday, and immediately purchased a four ounce bag. It's called Indescribable at the local Dayton shop.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I always have some on hand.It's what I smoke the most of.If I get in the mood for a little more kick I switch to a latakia blend for a while.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Man, There are a lot of Ohio members here. I lie in Mt. Sterling by Deer Creek. I grew up in Grove City. Its a suburb of Columbus. I see Dayton and Powell in this thread... Oh, I love 1Q too... Who doesn't???

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Lane says that 1Q is their number one seller. I've been smoking it since 1996, it is one of the most consistant aero's I have run across then and now. Many say that it is like Captain Black, don't know about that, just know I like it and will continue to smoke it as well as Lanes RLP-6. :puffy:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Not a huge aero smoker but loves me some 1Q when the mood strikes.RLP-6 just was to sweet for me.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Next month I'll order some RLP-6 and MV-1000. This bag of 1Q should last me for a bit. When I asked for MV-1000 at the shop they pulled a jar of Danish Black Vanilla. Didn't look the same, and the guy really didn't know what blend it was other than Cavendish. So I passed.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
1Q tastes like stuffing lawn grass into a pipe, applying a light coating of honey, and then smoking it. I think Sail Green is along the same lines, but actually tastes good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.