Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Is anyone familiar with L'Anatra pipes? I'm intrigued with the design and what seems to be a very nicely crafted pipe for the price. And who wouldn't want to have a little silver duck head looking up at them from the stem?
But the more important question is, how do they smoke? Anyone have one?
Thanks.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I can recommend them 4dot. I have a few and they are excellent smokers. The lucite stem is off-putting for some (as well as the goose!) - the pipes I own are definitely not good for clenchers. But they are a solid, well performing pipe.
p.s. Roth recalls correctly. The one I sold was a great smoker - but so large, I rarely smoked it. Still, I had a tough time giving up such a solid pipe.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
L'Anatra has been a high quality handmade pipe for many years. Super craftsmanship, too. They made the P&T Magazine Pipe of the Year a few years back (those were made with the little duckie's head embedded in the stem). They were six or eight paneled Lovats and were well received. The ones that have come through my shop are always quality pieces in looks and a couple of my pipe club members say they are among the best Italian handmade pipes regards smoking quality.
Pipestud

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've had this poker for several years now. I'd say they are in the same leqgue with my Radice and Ser Jacapo's. You won't be sorry with this line.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for all the feedback, guys! Gotta think about this - I have 57 pipes, more or less, should be plenty to last me at my age. But I am intrigued.....

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have this billiard. It had a raw, green taste -- some would say "woody" -- for over 100 smokes. (I actually kept track.)

After coming into season it became a sweet and mellow pipe. I highly recommend them based on this, the only one I own.

It's a large capacity pipe, but I usually don't fill it up completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.