PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I enjoy the taste of Lakeland tobaccos, yes even Ennerdale.

Sometimes the full floral taste is what I want, but is sometimes a bit much for even me.

Recently I have been mixing Lakelands 50/50 with Carter Hall and have found this to be a very enjoyable smoke.

I have tried it with Grasmere, Glengarry , Kendal and Ennerdale and the mix worked well with each.

The Lakeland taste is still very much there, but is tamed to a more tolerable level.

For someone who may be put off by the full Lakeland blast I would suggest this mix. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mixing is often a good way to tune down the overbearing aspects of particular blends. The Lakeland soapy floral aspect does not appeal to me, but many savor it.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
msao, I picked up a gourd calabash and tobacco pouch off of e-bay, which had (to me) the dead flowers scent I can only describe as like an elderly woman's cologne from my youth. Is this anything at all like what Lakeland smells like? I put baking soda in the tobacco pouch but I do not know how to neutralize the pipe. I think at this point I am sending it off to be treated with an ozone treatment.

:cry:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I recently discovered a good "Lakeland-Light" in GH Louisiana Flake.
Also, GH Brown Bogie is practically Lakeland-free.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I can only describe as like an elderly woman's cologne from my youth. Is this anything at all like what Lakeland smells like?
Nope, that is EXACTLY what lakeland smells like... yet I like it. :lol: :puffpipe:

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Okiescout pretty much nailed my perception (and many others I'm sure) of the Tonquin laced Lakeland blends. I've always wanted to survey the dietary preferences of those people who love the taste of those blends. I really do respect those that can tolerate it and I know that there are those that are repulsed by Perique, Red Virginias, Latakia. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I can handle a "Lakeland light" but some of those G&H blends just remind me too much of Grandmas powder puff.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lakelands: like sucking on a urinal cake.
Peterson's Hyde Park is an ultra-light Lakeland style smoke, and the only one I have ever really enjoyed (now and then).

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been sampling from the pipe tobacco genres for almost a year and have yet to try any of this 'stuff'.

I know that I will, eventually, although its descriptions don't sound very appealing.

I've been exposed to more than my share of that odor, carefully presented as an 'aroma' and childhood memories of it are more distinctive than pleasant.

Of course, I'll like it and have to dedicate a few pipes to it to keep me able to enjoy the other genres, because this sounds like some stuff that can haunt your pipe AND your tastebuds.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Thought the same as you newbroom after trying Ennerdale flake last year, pooh!.....but recently tried Kendal flake and Glengarry flake...both decent smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.