PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I am not affiliated with this B&M in any way, this is unsolicited.
It started out like this: I used to frequent this cigar shop called Churchill's and Downs, it was in Riverwoods, IL near my work. They shut down. They had a loyal cigar following that used to hang there. That group talked another local cigar shop into moving the furniture over to their place for a new lounge. I went to the new place today during my lunch hour.
I was pleasantly surprised. They have a good selection of Peterson tobacco, pouches of Troost, some OC tubs, and a nice cigar selection. The new lounge looks nice.
I bought a Tin of Perfect Plug, two Punch perfectos, and a box of Wilson's apricot. The prices were not bad. With old man winter coming, it is nice to know the place exists. If you are in that neck of the woods, stop in for a smoke. With due respect for the sponsors here, this is the location (they are in no position to give smokingpipes.com a run for their money)
Old Chicago Smoke Shop

221 Skokie Valley Road

Highland Park, IL 60035

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My great grandfather was the first mayor of Highland Park when he was very young, and again in mid-life;

my father grew up there; and my sister moved back there after we grew up in another suburb. Highland Park

is right on Lake Michigan on the North Shore. I'm glad they have this new smoke shop, and I hope they develop

some pipe sales as well. When I get up there next time, I will try to pay a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.