PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
While fine tuning his skills, Jerry presented this pipe to the world tonight. I snapped. It is the shape that I am most into lately. This is his first presentation of 2014. I really can't wait!
Overall length : 5”

Overall height : 1 3/4''

Tobacco Chamber 0.77" x 1 1/2”

Weight : 46 grams

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Awesome blast !! Who is this Jerry guy and where has he been hiding? First of the year?? I'll bet you a can of magnum opus that is number 2-14 or higher.
http://www.crawfordpipes.com/images/114_001.JPG?123
114_001.JPG

114_001.JPG

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Awesome blast !! Who is this Jerry guy and where has he been hiding? First of the year?? I'll bet you a can of magnum opus that is number 2-14 or higher.
chispa, You disrespect. Don't quote me wrong. I said:
This is his first presentation of 2014.
Friends and Customers,
I hope all is well this New Year. With the Holidays, rewiring my shop for a bigger compressor and putting things back in order,

It’s been over a month since I listed a new pipe. Happily I am back in the shop, everything is working well and already the upgrades

are paying off.
The new pipe available is a Sandblasted ¾ bent apple. The blast is craggy with some deep ring grain showing that looks stunning.

The bowl rim and shank end are finished smooth and add definition and a nice contrast. The stem Is black ebonite with a delrin tenon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love the texture of a blast in the hand, and Crawford really gets the most out of the process.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
This pipe is nothing short of magnificent!
I just love it.
Congrats and I know this is going to smoke great for you

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to this one. I will give a smoking/stem report when she arrives.
I really need to apologize to chispa publicly though. I misinterpreted his post. I didn't understand what he meant at first. He didn't mean anything other than to praise Jerry. Sorry, I at was that time of the month when the moon was full and I got a little bit touchy. Winter takes it's toll on me guys :/

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
As to the Naysayer's that say 5" is too short, I must disagree.
I don't know....most of the woman I've known would disagree, I think...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is a stunning blast and great shape. I look forward to your update on how she smokes. Have you thought about a baccy that you will dedicate to that beauty???
Dan

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
The verdict is in and she is a keeper! I enjoyed some Wessex BCDF today in this lovely pipe. To be perfectly honest, pictures do not do it justice. It is simply beautiful and I love it.
I was worried about the draw and stem as I didn't have any previous experience with Jerry's work. The draw is wide open and the bit is flat and extremely comfortable between the teeth. The stem has a nice pronounced button which is a must for me. The pipe passes a fluffy pipe cleaner effortlessly. The drilling is spot on. The blast is amazing and smokes nice and dry. I hardly noticed the taste of the bowl coating that Jerry uses during this maiden voyage.
The tan blast egg in a few photos is a 5 1/2 inch Rad Davis egg for size comparison purposes. This does not seem like a 5 inch pipe at all. Jerry has a customer in me for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.