PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I've always labeled my tobacco with standard label tape, but here lately I've realized how much nicer it looks, and how much easier it is it find with the original label attached.

Most of the labels on the larger "tin-can" style tins come right off, but the regular round and square tins have their labels glued to the lid. Is there a place where I can purchase these labels separate from the tins?

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'm thinking of copying image of label and printing on large mailing labels... Cut out and stick on jar lids. I have nice color laser printer so should work fine.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Paper labels will make a mess, whether permanent or removable adhesive. Vinyl labels with permanent adhesive will stick like crazy and remove cleanly. Black lasers will do fine if you play around with the formatting. I prefer 1" x 2" labels on my jars, size 16 font makes them easily recognizable.
Some printers can accept this type of media an you will like the look I am sure.
I have over 500,000 labels always on hand for my business. I won't sell you any, but I can send you out some if you can't source any near you.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I just make circular labels, cut them out, and use Scotch double-sided tape to stick them to the lids. Removes cleanly.

label-samples-468x600.jpg

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I'd really like to make some color labels. I can get a color printer for about $79US it seems. @Salmonfisher, vinyl labels sounds like the perfect idea, I can probably get them at Staples or Office Depot.

Using the tin wraps really improves the look, compared to the label maker, what do you think?

62ba2d6ed3e55ff41c3428351fe34f0c_zpsfd957423.jpg

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
A color lazier can be cheap, but they will murder you on toner. Purple, you got ink jetted I suspect, their labels probably have some moisture content an the ink gets washed out.
Vinyl is definitely the way to go, but all companies would run away dye to the cost. Vinyl is 10 - 15 X more expensive and requires different toner and diffusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.