PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Ok, so my wife took notice of a pic she seen on the internet, of nice neat looking printable labels that someone had did to their storage jars. Any of you guys know of what kind of labels to purchase? I’ve always just wrote on the kids with a sharpie or wrote on plain white labels and stuck to the side. Apparently these were on the lids of the jars and some on the sides. Thanks.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I use a Microsoft word doc and print 12 round tin art labels on an Avery 8.5 X 11 sheet (Avery Label 15265). It's one solid sheet for a large mailing label.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I used avery labels a while back for some other stuff. They make some print to edge labels for canning jar lids and they used to let you use templates and software on their website for free after you make label purchase not sure if still works like that or not.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You should not write on the kids with a Sharpie.
It makes the teachers ask uncomfortable questions.
jay-roger.jpg

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I keep it simple, just write with a sharpie on the labels that come with the box of jars. They're easier to remove too: no gunky mess.
However, I've seen these labels you speak of in Muttnchop's videos. Apparently he uses them for his own mason jars. Always wondered how, to be honest, since the tin labels don't fit the jars' lids.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Paper adhesive tape and a ball pan does it for me :) .

Smack it onto the lid and with some of my ugly handwriting it is all that I need :) :)

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
A strip of freezer tape and a sharpie for me. But there are templates online that you can download for free that are designed to fit Avery labels.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I don't as yet have any jarred tobacco in my infant cellar. Just tins so far.
Has anyone experience with just using the screw-on ring's overlap of the lid to hold a DIY round cut-out label on top of the lid? While it might not be permanent, do we really need the label to stay with the lid once the jar reaches the age we decide to open it up and smoke its contents all up?
Yeah, yeah, I realize that if one has more than one opened jar in use, it'd be nice to know which is which.

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
Nice set up, Spartacus!

Wouldn't it be great if there were a website that a guy could go to and download printable tin art like that for their jar lids? 8O

Deja vu … I feel like we just had a three page conversation about this.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Shoot a picture of the tin. I use MS Word and add a shape. I use a a 2.2" circle. Then fill the shape with a picture. Use whatever picture you want. I print on Avery Label (5353) 8.5X11 full sheet. I get 12 labels to a sheet.

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
Sounds easy enough to me with the nice touch of all legal problems solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.