PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlaxx1

Lurker
May 19, 2016
Hey everyone, I just purchased this on eBay and had a question about it. I'm concerned about the silver band. It cuts off a few of the words on the stem. If I had to guess, I would say this was added later on? It has hallmarks on the bottom of it (EP in an elongated diamond with three other letters below it). Does anybody have any thoughts or information on it?
P5250005_zps3vko03m1.jpg

P5250006_zpsptraz1cs.jpg

danlaxx1

Lurker
May 19, 2016
Thanks guys for the quick responses so far. I'm honestly amazed with the wealth of knowledge here! I paid $30 for it so hopefully I got my money's worth.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
With a repair band on it, someone thought it was a good enough smoker to have it fixed! Enjoy It Brother...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
"With a repair band on it, someone thought it was a good enough smoker to have it fixed! Enjoy It Brother... "
You walk in truth and light, Weezell.
I used to buy and refurb estate pipes and I was always drawn to the crustiest, caked shut pipes with well chewed stems.
Simply put, they were favorites of the previous owner, Danlaxx1.
You did good with that Krisswill.
Fnord

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
Those EP bands are nickel bands. As a boy and when a shank was broken we would go to the tobacconist and he would

put (force) such one on,not always the best work.

I have some, as a tobacconist gave me a box with bands and stems when he closed.

Anyhow a fine pipe,they made good pipes in Kolding then. A well sold brand here in Denmark in the 60ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.