PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
I searched but could not find any info about this shop.
Has anyone been here and how did you like the shop? It is is about an hour drive from me and before I hit the road I was wondering if anyone could provide feedback.
That being said I am truly a fan of supporting the smaller B+M and this is exactly that with a strong old school flair.
www.kramerstobaccoshop.com
Thank you for any input you can provide!!

Mar 31, 2014
Never been there. Beverly Hills gives me more culture shock than third world countries. But, if you're going out there, you might as well hit up the Tinder Box, too :)

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
I went in yesterday and it was a pleasant experience! Mr. Kramer was on duty and walked me through the bulk blends he carries and his own special blends including the "Danny Kaye" custom blend that smelled wonderful. He was very helpful had a nice selection of new pipes on hand and prices were reasonable. He was very helpful and friendly.
There was no formal sitting area to have a smoke but there was a common area to browse and several other customers coming in were enjoying cigars.
As a fan of not only the B+M type businesses I also try and frequent the family run businesses...this place has an old school feel which was very comforting. I would go again and cant wait to try the different tobbaco I bought there.

Mar 31, 2014
Good to know! I have to go to UCLA to sell some books in late August, so I might as well swing by. Hell, I'll hit up Tinder Box, too! But I promise not to spend anymore than I make on the textbooks :puffy:
How's the parking? Any estate pipes?

goinslow

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
I saw two estate pipes he had most were new... they werent my style I didnt ask prices or anything. He did say he had a guy that can do repairs also if needed I did not inquire further.

I parked behind the shop directly off of Santa Monica Blvd. I paid 2.00 for an hour...the machine took credit cards (it is Bevery Hills after all).
Tinder box will be another trip I was working at the time and didnt have the time for another shop.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you ever get to Raleigh, N.C., visit Pipes by George, just east of the NCSU campus on Hillsborough St. It is

effortlessly old school -- that's just who George is. Wide plank floors, pencil disclaimer on the door about

how smoking is permitted inside, walk-in humidor, bulk pipe tobacco, etc. Dart game on the wall, local

roasted coffee for sale. Old time cash register and elegantly worn tobacco scale. That's where I bought my

second, third, and a number of other pipes.

jdub

Lurker
May 4, 2014
Los Angeles CA
Kramer's is a great shop. I really enjoy their Father Dempsey blend which is a really good English blend. The history of the place is part of the appeal. All the legendary Hollywood figures that passed through the doors is truly amazing. If the old rolodex in the corner full of blending recipes for all those famous luminaries could talk I would sit and listen for hours! I enjoy supporting family businesses in general and Kramer's is a great example of multiple generations running one.
For sure a must stop when in SoCal.

Status
Not open for further replies.