PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
OK, this about pipe knockers, not the fun kind. this is true and happend this morning.

this is about those knocker pipes knocked around, dropped, chipped, cracked, etc.. not fit to be seen in public and becoming ready for the firewood pile.

have an old one that i could never enjoy smoking. hard to get pipe cleaners through although it can be done. more trouble that it was worth.

decided to take off the rack and throw in drawer. wanted to clean it up a little so ashes or tobacco wouldn't make a mess.

cleaned out the shaft and stem. it was bad and i was ashamed of it. was able to finally get a cleaner soaked pipe cleaner to pass through with out a hint of soot.

the bowl was a different story. used the tamper scoop end and started digging out what was there. checked to be sure i got it all, nope. used another tamper with a pointier scoop, a little more out, nope, still some left.

finished it using a very small phillips, got the rest out and finished with a pipe cleaner. looked at it closely and discovered tooling marks had left a pointy type drill hole, not from using the phillips. some knockers just need a little more attention than others.

stoked up some berry nice, tasted and smoked as good as any of my other pipes.

now i have nice knockers. :wink:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have a few that live in boxes. They are strictly camping or woods wandering pipes that I don't care about.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i bought a used pipe for yard work ect. that is untill i found out how much it's worth... nice little gbd poker.

Status
Not open for further replies.