PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
With the winter break at school, we've had our grandson over for the holidays. He complained he was bored the other day, so I perused around, found some old paneling, a broken chair, bought a glass jar at the local surplus... and spend the last day and a half letting him build a pipe rack !
Not too shabby work for a 12 year old !
rack6-448x600.jpg

Made a little video of the entire project and what we used here
For those interested, I can get you the measurements. It was a pretty easy project. All he used was a jigsaw, dremel tool and a sander. No routing tables or drill presses for him yet ;-) We had fun. Now what to do next to keep him busy :roll:

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I've seen nicer looking pipe racks in my life, but if that had been made by my grandkid (If I had one) it would be my favorite piperack ever!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thats awesome, now you've got me on the lookout for old chairs. Actually I got an old stool from my wife's grandfather. Its funny he mounted a tractor seat to the top and I was planning on taking the tractor seat off and hanging it on the wall and junking the stool, but now I can salvage some of it too and build mysef a pipe rack, thanks for the idea.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Nice pipe rack, and a great project to keep your grandson from being bored. BTW, I love that Savinelli Miele pipe you have there, it's way up there on my PAD list!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
For those interested, I can get you the measurements. It was a pretty easy project. All he used was a jigsaw, dremel tool and a sander. No routing tables or drill presses for him yet [;-)] We had fun. Now what to do next to keep him busy [:roll:]
Let him make you a pipe!
Give the boy a button! He did good!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
The miele was a Christmas present from the misses... Prettiest pipe on the rack ;-)
We used to do the home improvement store kids projects on Saturday morning... He's got a whole row of buttons... But good idea to add one for this little project !

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
That is awesome Mick!

Spending time with your grandson to build must be great. Looks as if the pipe rack works well too!

I think I'm going to ask you for those plans because I am in need of a rack right now. I will be using egg carton for a little while. :D

3xbbb

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Problems getting a broken chair? Just go to a German style Bierstube and start a fight. That's gonna leave a lot og broken chairs of this style

driftstage5

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
That is an awesome looking pipe rack :clap: It looks like a professional wood worker made it. I would have never known a 12 year old made that if you never told me. The young man has skills :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.