PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
I've been intrigued by the recent article on how brand new Kaywoodies are still being produced and browsed through WV SmokeShop, a site one member kindly intoduced. Unfortunately, I live in South Korea and WV seems to ship within the States only... does anyone know a (recent production) Kaywoodie vendor that will ship internationally?

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
Thanks for responding, crashthegrey. I just replied to your pm. For anyone who's curious, I've never paid any custom taxes for pipes. However, some of the senior smokers report having paid taxes for their Dunhills, etc... maybe it's gotta do with the price. Never got myself anything above $150. Tobacco is not taxed as long as I obey the 8 ounce limit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like you'd have to arrange with someone who goes back and forth to SK to take delivery in the U.S. and bring the pipe over, unless you have access to a diplomatic pouch, in which case, problem solved, but you still need the intermediary. Tobacco pipes (apparently) are just exotic enough that distribution is sketchy to nonexistent. You might check with a military PX and ask a member of the military to make the purchase, if PX's handle pipes these days. It's a U.S. made pipe; so it would be a logical choice for a PX.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
mso489, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I've recently learned from a friend who's currently working for the US Forces in Korea that their PXs don't even handle Captain Black... sadly pipe smoking is even more smaller here. Anyways, crashthegrey gave me some invaluable help and I've found a way now!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Interesting about the PX lack of pipes. GI's during World War Two received cigarettes in their food rations, and even aboard ship, smoking areas were always provided like essentials of life. One of the reasons I didn't smoke as a teenager was that I felt the habit was being pushed. A three-day bus ride was immersion in cigarette smoke. My, my, how times have changed.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
check 901 St james . com (or something similar). contact the folks there, they'll certainly arrange shipping for you.
https://901stjames.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

Status
Not open for further replies.