PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yesterday, a box was waiting for me when I got home from work. I was shocked to find this beautiful Kaywoodie Supergrain 13B inside. It was a generous gift from member "irish". I posted some comments about this shape on his "Kaywoodie Collection" thread and apparently he felt compelled to send me one of his. His note said "it was only a Kaywoodie" and he hoped I would enjoy it. I love the old Kaywoodies and this shape is a favorite. I don't think any maker does the Author shape as well as this.
The pipe was in immmaculate shape, I hit the bowl with a few coats of Carnuba and tuned the stem up a smidge. The pipe is a 3-hole stinger model, which I like. I find they smoke flakes quite well and the stinger make me slow down a little and just let the tobacco smolder. In fact, I'm enjoying this one right now with some Escudo. Thanks Irish!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, that's a fine looking pipe, solid and nicely balanced. You have to watch your step around

here, or someone will send you a pipe!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nicely done Irish! Well played, sir.
Al, that's a looker. I hope it smokes well for years to come.
-- Pat

May 31, 2012
Most excellent indeed!
It found the perfect home with you.

:puffy:
When I got my first Kaywoodie,a Relief Grain, I was totally shocked with the thin bit and how comfortable it was.
Three cheers for Irish !!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Agreed MLC, Kaywoodie sure knew how to make a stem and button. I just smoked a nice Charatan, but the button on that Kaywoodie is far superior.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Irish, what a great gesture! Congrats Al - that is a beauty of a Kaywoodie - very graceful lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.