PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Well ladies and Gents as I posted earlier this week I reached a milestone in my pipe collecting career and purchased my 150th Kaywoodie from Misterlowercase. It has not arrived yet but I last night I was cleaning my pipes and took this picutre of my Kaywoodie collection laid out on my kitchen table. The pics are not great but it is the best I could do. The first couple are the pipes in their respective pipe stands and the others are the pipes laid out on table. Thanks for looking. Maybe one day I will get a good camera and take some real pics. Anyway you will get the idea. :puffpipe:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Gary, that is un freaking real. I am blown away when people have collections that are so focused. It must have taken you years to assemble that. Congrats on an incredible collection of pipes.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Whoa, That's KAD! Congratulations on 150, hope to hear you've reached 200 sometime soon. :lol:

Is there a certain "holy grail" kaywoodie you have yet to acquire?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Gary - WOW - that is an incredible collection - love the pics too! Thanks for sharing. :worship:
Is there a certain "holy grail" kaywoodie you have yet to acquire?
Great question!
And what, if I may ask, is your favorite, or are they like children and you simply cannot choose just one. :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Very nice Gary - I am fond of Kaywoodies myself, even some recent ones. Some of the new shell crafts from the Holiday SloSmoke events puff as well as some of my ancient ones.
Are any of those 150 the POYs and limited editions that Bill Feuerbach makes himself? Those are best buys in the high grade segment. BillF has access to an immense inventory of briar and it shows in his work.
hp

les

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Wow! Nice collection. I think you've triggered my P.A.D. My goal, 365 pipe rotation. One for everyday of the year. Post more pics. Loved it!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Thank you all for the very nice comments. I appreciate it more than you could know.
@ antbauers and Six. Yes I have a few "grails" I have yet to aquire. First is the Kaywoodie "Liberty Bell", next would be a Kaywoodie Calabash, and last but not least would be one of the first Supergrain's with the clover inlaid into the shank and stem. I have the patience of an oyster though and I will get them eventually.
@ six. Yes sir I do have a favorite. There are several but my all time will probably be a disappointment to most, in the fact that it is not flashy or fancy , but I have a very early, around 1931 KB&B Drinkless Kaywoodie medium apple panel that just fits in my hand, clenches like no other and is the best smoking pipe I own. It smokes cool no matter what you put it in, it magically seems to stay lit no matter how long I lay it down, it has a smooth easy draw that would convince you that it doesn't have a stinger. I paid 22 dollars for it and I wouldn't trade it for another pipe of any kind to save my life! I may even be buried with it.
@ lestrout. No sir I do not own any of Bill's POY but I am in the hunt and hope to one day. I have tried to win a few off of Ebay but never get it done. I usually get sniped right at the end. I do own a newer shellcraft that I like very much.
To the rest of you thanks again for all the kind compliments. Happy puffing! :puffpipe:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I was feeling quite proud of my collection of 6 Kaywoodies - now I just feel inadequate. :clap: Great collection!

May 31, 2012
Gary,

the collection is incredible and they look really cool all laid out on the table like that!
Thanks for sharing the pix.
Kaywoodie had an amazing range available and most definitely made a pipe for every pipester.
You should be very proud of the wonderful collection you've gathered,

your oysterlike patience has produced a field of pearls!

:)
Very well done!

:clap:

May 31, 2012
Oh yeah,

I forgot something.
Do you have an Allbriar?
Have you ever had one?
What do you think about them?

I think they're very cool, but fairly rare to come by and a bit pricey when they pop up.
Any Allbriar tales to tell?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Amazing collection, thanks for taking time to lay out and photograph them.

I see some Rhodesians that I'd love to have, any chance I can get a close up of those pipes (On the right side, 2nd row from the bottom)?

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
@ misterlowercase- thank you for your comments and yes sir I own two all briars. One dublin, and one billiard. They are both good smokers but I don't smoke them often. I have no tales to regale you with, sorry :( They are cool and yes they can be pricey.
@ ssjones- thank you sir and I will take some close ups of the rhodesians and post them for you no problem.

May 31, 2012
Hey!

What about some AllBriar close-ups too?

:P

57rYg3E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.