KAPP - Author w/ Saddle Bit - Very Stout Shape (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping in tradition of 2015 being the last year I will ever buy pipes in bulk and focusing back to tobacco for the next few years. What good a vintage pipe is if it cant burn vintage in it, right?
I got this beautiful Stout Author, albeit like me, fat as I am. The seller "Valitchka" features lots of good pipes on ebay.
Seller's brief:

KAPP brand stout author, somewhat short and nicely stout design. I don’t think this is the KAPP from Kapp & Peterson (K&P) but not sure. It’s got a cool shape, really like the fat look with flame grain and birdseye. The bowl is in good shape with light normal wear and no issues. The stem is a bent saddle bit with a few shallow tooth marks, draws well. Markings: KAPP, IMPORTED BRIAR Approximate Dimensions: Overall Length – 5” Bowl Height – 1 5/8”+ Inside Diameter – 1”-
ZZGEVBj.jpg

wACSWLX.jpg

Ptwd39u.jpg

wvd7jS6.jpg

MLIdRMu.jpg

ZScmbD5.jpg

YDNJWGy.jpg

cJRjV04.jpg

1e5P4zT.jpg

swOkhqU.jpg

3ffwdlr.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That's a great shape for sure.
Pipephil has Kapp listed and they suggest a Peterson connection.

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-k1.html
The stand alone, "Kapp" isn't lised in "Who Made That Pipe"
Another showed up last year here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/any-info-on-this-pipe-kapp

Hi Al,
Goodmorning, I always wanted an author but didn't wanted to spend money on Savinelli/Rossi as I know their wholesale prices lol.
I saw the PipePhil Logo page as well, the stamping is the same but a few stamps and stem dots are missing. I still feel it's an older KAPP pipe even when the seller did not.
Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.