PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
After the recent threads about Paul's, I decided a visit some day soon was needed. Seeing how I had the day off, nothing to do, and some extra cash, I decided today should be that day. I picked up an ounce and a half of Arrowhead Pipe Club Mixture, and the same amount of his Merry Christmas Blend. Normally I don't go for aromatics, But the Arrowhead(which I've had before) is wonderful, and not that much of an aro. The Merry Christmas Blend on the other hand, I've never had. It just smelled so good, that I had to try it. I also have a Cayuga card(It's like a frequent buyer card), so I got a free ounce of the tobacco of the month. Which is Whiskey Sour. I'll give it a try, but I don't have high expectations for it(I'm not a whiskey guy), but I'll give it a try. Since the sun is down, it's too cold to smoke right now, but I'll have to have a smoke tomorrow. After I was done at Paul's, I went to The Flint Crepe Company, which is a wonderful coffee shop about a block away. I had a delicious caramel apple crepe and a nice mocha latte. All in all, today was good day.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Uber
Sounds like a perfect day to me. Glad you didn't waste it doing chores around the house LOL LOL
Happy Thanksgiving

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Sounds like a perfect day to me. Glad you didn't waste it doing chores around the house

I also stopped by my tattoo and piercing studio to pick up some new body jewelry(I've got a couple piercings). The only way it could have been better is if I won the lottery.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
Very nice.. Sounds like a great day indeed.. I love crepe's.. I have been sick for the past few days, and haven't eaten much, nor smoked either.. :(

Dec 24, 2012
Sounds like a great visit to an iconic establishment. i assume then that it is still staying in business with Paul's passing?

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Great day Ben! I stopped in last summer while I was in the area on business. Carved out time just for the visit. It was only a couple of months before Paul's passing. I believe it was Paul's son who is running the shop now and he was extremely helpful!
And the pipes!!!! He has more pipes than you can check out on one visit. Overwhelming but on a good way!!! :worship:
With 20% off during your birthday month I see a January business trip coming up!!! :)

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Looks like you had a great day Ben! Would love to visit Paul's. If I were about 459 miles closer.....

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Posts about Pauls Pipe Shop remind me of the 52 yrs. I lived in the Flint area. Pauls is a nice place to live near, the rest of Flint, not so much.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I will be going there next month for my birthday, I've heard nothing but good things about that place.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I think I counted two Jan birthdays in this thread and mine will make three. Looks like pipe sales for the new year will be picking up. Road trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.