PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
So in my journey of finding and trying the finest tobaccos i recently was given some great advice by an awesome piper by the name of cigrmaster.And a handful of others.Don't wanna leave anyone out here.Going on a list cigrmaster provided i was able to pick up a few tins that were available.Not to mention most the baccys on his list was back ordered and not in stock.So i was able to get Brigham Klondike gold,Samuel&gawith best brown flake and i did pick up a couple others that were not on the list which was drew estate meat pie,dunhill early morning pipe.The Klondike gold And best brown flake were unbelievable.I love those tobaccos tremendously.Great tobaccos.I also enjoyed the meat pie and early morning.These are some great tobaccos and they all pose there great flavors in different ways.Man i will definitely be stockpiling these tobaccos for sure.Thanks for all the recommendations and much thanks to cigrmaster for providing a list.Happy puffs.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I just ordered some Dunhill EMP myself. If it gets here at all, it should be in about a week. I'm fully convinced I'll love it but I'll never really know for sure 'til I try it!
Congrats on you tobacco adventures kanaka95!

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I think you got steered in the right direction, Kanaka95! It's a beautiful thing when you find a tobacco that is just right.
I keep reading about Klondike Gold. I'm really gonna have to try to get my hands on some.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Kanaka:
And now that you've tried two variations on a straight VA flake, you've got a great new category of blend to dig into.
If you're interested in exploring more in this area -- and cigrmaster hasn't already mentioned these for you -- I'd recommend Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake, Dunhill Flake, Gawith & Hoggarth Brown Flake Unscented (only available as a bulk), and Rattray's Old Gowrie, Marlin Flake, and Hal o' the Wynd.
Bob

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Klondike Gold has a very good flavor to it, especially when sipped very slowly. Also smells damn fine as well, i can tip my hat to you fine gentlemen on this forum for turning me on to it.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I've been smoking Old Gowrie lately and it is a nice tobacco. It isn't on the Harris list since it is red Virginia.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Thanks for the reply's guys sounds like i got more venturing to do.That's why i love pipe smoking the journey never ends.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I love the dark-stoved Virginias. For me, Dark Star is the pinnacle of that style. But since it's so hard to work with, I also recommend Butera's Dark Stoved, which has a similar flavor profile but is much easier to pack and keep lit.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.