PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Well, After all these years, I just smoked my first Corn Cob Pipe.
It was a new MM "Country Gentleman" and I loaded it with a new sample of McCelland Georgia Creme (M55).
Light, one tamp, a second light and it smoked completely through without another tamp or light and it was very enjoyable. The tobacco smoked cool and did leave a nice creamy after taste.
I can now see why several people love them and I'll look forward to my next smoke with it.......

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Cobs are great. I use mine a testers for new tobacco and for when I am out doors they just cant be beat for the price.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
I've also found that they add hugely to the experience of smoking a burley based tobacco.

For example in briar I found that SWR is very mild, almost to the point of being flavourless, but in a cob it comes to life.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I was pleasantly surprised how much I like the cobs I bought a year ago. I have a Country Gentleman and a Great Dane Egg. Definitely keepers.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I think that MM is a great smoke; my only problems with them are that 1: they are too small and 3: they are ugly. I like to look at my pipes while I smoke and MM just doesn't do it for me. They are a must have for trying out new blends I am finding.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I dunno grizzly, the country gent is pretty cool looking and if you get a snazzy new stem made for it they can really be sharp, when I get my new stem, shortly, I'll post a pic so you can check it out. Or you could get "that guy" to improve the look for ya. Can't say his name, don't want another big stink...but some of them look kinda like a dragon with smoke coming out....

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah, I can't remember his name. Maybe if I do some SMOKIN the name will DRAG ON out of the cobwebs in my brain and I'll be able to remember it. They looked pretty cool as I recall.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
some of them look kinda like a dragon with smoke coming out....

Smaug?

In_the_Lair_of_Smaug_by_vigshane.jpg

-Jason

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Well, After all these years, I just smoked my first Corn Cob Pipe.
It was a new MM "Country Gentleman" and I loaded it with a new sample of McCelland Georgia Creme (M55).
Light, one tamp, a second light and it smoked completely through without another tamp or light and it was very enjoyable. The tobacco smoked cool and did leave a nice creamy after taste.
I can now see why several people love them and I'll look forward to my next smoke with it.
I've been promoting cobs for years, but it seems like no one pays much attention until after they actually do experience it for themselves.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=The_Complete_Corncob_primer

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Congrats on your first cob! I smoke one everyday with my first cup o' joe stuffed with either CH or Anglers Dream and just love the things.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hope you enjoyed your first cob friend!

Think it's time for me to wander on over to MM to consider adding another pipe to my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.