Just Put my Deposit down for a Custom Michael Parks Pipe!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Its been a while folks, and I hope all is doing well.
Super stoked! I just put my Deposit down for a custom Micheal Parks Pipe. This is going to be my Heirloom pipe. The final Build is based on a sketch I did while trying to come up with a beauty of a outdoors-men pipe. I am a avid Canoe tripper and traditional camper. Some of the highlights of this pipe that we came up with based on my criteria:
-Poker shape for easy sitting while doing camp chores

-Brass Military Mount, Brass for nostalgia, and military for quick breakdown.

-Brown Cumberland stem for that "woodsy" look.

-Briar to be rusticated to look like bark, with the shank very tight to bowl for strength.

-Bottom and top to be lighter than bowl for that "log look"

-Lanyard hole through the briar so I don't lose it while canoeing.
I am going to go up to Michael's Workshop to pick it up when it is ready is 3-5 months. Can't wait to meet him and will share pictures.
For those who want to see this incredible Pipe makers work check out the galleries on his website.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on your commission. It sounds like the perfect pipe for a woodsman. I have been looking at Mike's work for a while and will pull the trigger as soon as I see an estate piece in my price range. I have heard from people I trust that he makes some of the best smoking pipes on the planet. Make sure you let us see the finished product and tell us how it smokes.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your commissioned pipe. Those pipes are always special since they are created using your own specifications.
I hope it provides you with many years of pleasure.

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Awesome. I'd love to add one to my collection at some point as well. Beautiful stuff. Man, I remember years ago when I lived in my hometown, I used to serve coffee to Mr. Parks almost every day. We'd always chat for a bit about music or whatever. Back then I had no idea what a prolific pipe maker he is here in Canada. I remember once he gave me an old shirt of his, I still have it hanging in the closet of my parents house. I still see him from time to time at the local pipe club meetings.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Man I checked out some of these pipes, and they are insane! In a good way though. Awesome!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Congratulations. His blasts are incredible:

NASPC_15thAnniversary_SB_GrBent_3t.jpg

My first military stem pipe is under the tree, so I don't yet have any experience with them. Someone told me to watch smoking it in cold weather outside as the stem fitment loosens in the cold. Is that a concern you have? (especially in a canoe!)

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
@Al, I can see what you mean, however I am sure Michael will make sure of that, I can see that perhaps happening with the traditional manufacturing as they are just "pressed" fit. We shall see I guess!?!
I think there is more benefits to cons in my application.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats! Sounds like it will be an excellent pipe. Good call on the lanyard loop. Floating down some peaceful water with the pipe lit has got to be one of the most relaxing and enjoyable things you could possibly do.

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
Im waiting on my first David Jones Hand Made should be here in couple days. An early Christmas gift from my wife. Cant wait

Status
Not open for further replies.