PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Well I'm excited, I've been listening to you guys for a while and just placed an order from smokingpipes for some new tobaccos to try. Solani ABF, Frog morton's cellar, Dunhill Nightcap. One day I'll get brave and order some black frigate.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You'll like those. Nightcap is substantial. Frog Morton Cellar has bits of whiskey barrel staves in with the leaf.

Jan 8, 2013
One day I'll get brave and order some black frigate.
Don't have to be brave about it. If it's because it's a cake, don't let that keep you from trying it. It's actually quite easy to deal with. You just break off a piece, and then after rubbing it out, it's basically like most other blends. The latakia (if that's your concern) is more of a condiment in the blend. You can tell it's there, but it's not in your face or overpowering. It's the perfect amount for the blend and actually takes a back seat. Not sure why the tin description says "not for the faint of heart) as it doesn't strike me as being very high in nicotine. It's there enough to be noticeable, but not enough to knock you down.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Herr DeniZ:in all probability we do share the same flavor profile preferences,this Solani Aged is one of my beloved blend, still I wonder perhaps it might be better I leave these few tins of SAB to be enjoyed summer gone,this is my primary choise for after-dinner smoke in a large chambered bowl folded, now while summer is around the corner(is it?)I may be better off switching to a medium strong Vaper such as Dunhill Flake or Marlin flake by Rattrays

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Kudos for branching out. Its always fun to try to new blends, thats one of the things I love about pipe smoking. Youll never run out of something new to try. Dont forget to eat a big meal before smoking that night cap though!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Dont forget to eat a big meal before smoking that night cap though!
I never understood that, I love Nightcap. I love it with coffee first thing in the morning. I've never had an issue, sure it's full flavored, but it's just pipe tobacco.

Dec 28, 2015
It's already been said but bravery is not needed for black frigate....unless your scared of flavor. Because it has a lot of that.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Yeah I actually like blockade runner, so I'll try black frigate at some point, although it ghosted like crazy.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
I never understood that, I love Nightcap. I love it with coffee first thing in the morning. I've never had an issue
Is it really possible that anything bad could happen smoking Nightcap upon getting up or Early Morning Pipe in the evening after a good meal? Just as with smoking Christmas Cheer on the 4th of July or other blends labeled with seasonal names. It is all just marketing I think.
bravery is not needed for black frigate....unless your scared of flavor
Judging by the food served in restaurants and delis, it often seems that 80-90% of the world has no idea what flavor is and indeed, thrives on blandness. But then, blandness of thought probably equates to blandness in eating? Perhaps that is what drives many to come to the pipe to save their sanity?

Status
Not open for further replies.