Just placed an order, branching out

(13 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by uperepik
  • Latest reply from toobfreak
  1. uperepik

uperepik

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well I'm excited, I've been listening to you guys for a while and just placed an order from smokingpipes for some new tobaccos to try. Solani ABF, Frog morton's cellar, Dunhill Nightcap. One day I'll get brave and order some black frigate.

-
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth."
    C.S Lewis
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You'll like those. Nightcap is substantial. Frog Morton Cellar has bits of whiskey barrel staves in with the leaf.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. uperepik

uperepik

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had a hard time deciding which frog I wanted to try first

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Aged Burley Flake is also excellent tobacco! Drying it out a bit enhances the chocolaty flavour. The flakes come a bit moist and stick together like hell. Definetly one of my favorites I also have a few slices left!
    Enjoy your tobacco!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One day I'll get brave and order some black frigate.
    Don't have to be brave about it. If it's because it's a cake, don't let that keep you from trying it. It's actually quite easy to deal with. You just break off a piece, and then after rubbing it out, it's basically like most other blends. The latakia (if that's your concern) is more of a condiment in the blend. You can tell it's there, but it's not in your face or overpowering. It's the perfect amount for the blend and actually takes a back seat. Not sure why the tin description says "not for the faint of heart) as it doesn't strike me as being very high in nicotine. It's there enough to be noticeable, but not enough to knock you down.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Could not have said it better myself.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

Well I'm excited, I've been listening to you guys for a while

Big mistake!

Javan
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. paulie66scandinavian

Paul

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Herr DeniZ:in all probability we do share the same flavor profile preferences,this Solani Aged is one of my beloved blend, still I wonder perhaps it might be better I leave these few tins of SAB to be enjoyed summer gone,this is my primary choise for after-dinner smoke in a large chambered bowl folded, now while summer is around the corner(is it?)I may be better off switching to a medium strong Vaper such as Dunhill Flake or Marlin flake by Rattrays

Paul The Scandinavian'
    Posted 2 years ago #
  9. jravenwood

jravenwood

Login to Send PM

Kudos for branching out. Its always fun to try to new blends, thats one of the things I love about pipe smoking. Youll never run out of something new to try. Dont forget to eat a big meal before smoking that night cap though!

"It is quite a three pipe problem..."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dont forget to eat a big meal before smoking that night cap though!

I never understood that, I love Nightcap. I love it with coffee first thing in the morning. I've never had an issue, sure it's full flavored, but it's just pipe tobacco.

So you say you can drink? Well, I'm from Wisconsin. Try to keep up.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. johnbarleycorn

johnbarleycorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's already been said but bravery is not needed for black frigate....unless your scared of flavor. Because it has a lot of that.

And little Sir John and the nut brown bowl proved the strongest man at last
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. uperepik

uperepik

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah I actually like blockade runner, so I'll try black frigate at some point, although it ghosted like crazy.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I never understood that, I love Nightcap. I love it with coffee first thing in the morning. I've never had an issue

Is it really possible that anything bad could happen smoking Nightcap upon getting up or Early Morning Pipe in the evening after a good meal? Just as with smoking Christmas Cheer on the 4th of July or other blends labeled with seasonal names. It is all just marketing I think.

bravery is not needed for black frigate....unless your scared of flavor

Judging by the food served in restaurants and delis, it often seems that 80-90% of the world has no idea what flavor is and indeed, thrives on blandness. But then, blandness of thought probably equates to blandness in eating? Perhaps that is what drives many to come to the pipe to save their sanity?

To Master Po: Is it not being able to see that makes you tire of life?
    Master Po: No! It is being able to hear!
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   workman, jfred, alaskanpiper, chilllucky, haparnold, pipebaum81, cigrmaster, jpmcwjr, davet, lightxmyfire