PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I just placed a order. After reading reviews that I could find this seems like a baccy that I will either love or hate. For those of you that have smoked it would love your thoughts.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Wow that is a new one on me. The reviews seem great for the most part, similar to what lead me to tracking down Tambolaka a while back. I think the Brumeuse will be better. Interested to see what you think about it.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I have smoked 4-5 bowls and like it. I regard it as a change of pace because it is quite different from anything else I've smoked. HOWEVER - my wife would like me to stop smoking it since she says the lingering aroma makes her feel ill. So I suppose I have smoked my last of it. Anyone who would like a healthy amount gratis send me a PM. You can't beat free for a an untried tobacco.

spilproof

Lurker
Apr 29, 2014
I really enjoy this, and it makes a great change of pace. It burns fast, and I really enjoy the leathery/peppery cigar notes. Many will hate it, but its worth a shot. One bowl is not enough to judge though.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
My remaining stock is spoken for. Thanks for responding. I hope you like it. I totally agree with phonomet's comments.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I received a couple ounces from Bryanf. I don't think I could describe it any better than did phonomet.

Kind of a Burley-esque, dark fired Va, cigar-like amalgam of flavor -- pretty unique, but it doesn't compare favorably with

the more popular "standard" tobaccos we normally smoke in the US / UK.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Smoking my first bowl now thanks to elpfeife. Thank you, I appreciate it.

I don't know what else to say about it but that phonomet nailed it. And I like it.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
The jury is still out for me. It is pretty dry and I would like to hydrate it a bit. I still haven't found the right pipe yet.

I smoked it in a cob and a group 4 sized briar and it just went too fast. I have a huge Peterson I would like to give it a smoke in.

The flavor is there as described, definitely an interesting smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.