PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I recruited another pipe smoker at work yesterday. A New guy, who says he loves cigars. After I asked him what it would take to get him to smoke a pipe with me, he got exited and gladly accepted. He then told me he used to smoke a pipe back in the day with his grandfather. So after work I went home and got him started with a goody bag.

20170628_151823.jpg

A New cob, some tobacco samples, and a tamper that I made.
The first blend he tried on our lunch break, was...wait for it...CARTER HALL. He said he loved the flavor. He said he was really glad I gave him that stuff, and that he had a smoking buddy now.
That makes two people at my work I got back into pipe smoking. Next will be trying to get him on Pipes Magazine.
Just Doing My part for the pipe community.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
That makes two people at my work I got back into pipe smoking. Next will be trying to get him on Pipes Magazine.
Enticing people into the lair with a cob and Carter...for shamealright! Way to go!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Super! Generous of you to help him get started. You can explain a lot of the details of pipe smoking, like the various kinds of blends, the various kinds of filters and non-filtered smoking, pipe shapes, etc. Likely good to go slow and just give a little useful information at a time. Then you can field questions as they arise. Once he starts reading up on pipes and tobacco on his own, he'll learn more and have more questions. That's a fine starting kit, just the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.