PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I have a JT Cook Dublin in his black sandblast with amber stem and I really love that pipe: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jt-cooke-st-paddys-dublin
Today JT listed a dublin in his brown stain with black stem, and I thought it would be a great companion to the aforementioned dublin.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Excellent looking pipe and a great sister to your first one
I must say that Cooke's blast is growing on me
Congrats

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I've said before, Cooke's crispy blasts aren't my thing, but jiminy cricket -- that is stunning to look at. (By the way, how many seconds did you take before clicking the buy-now button?)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It just bristles with grain. I think we need a new term for this. It isn't just sandblasted. I have

several sandblasted pipes. This is another level. Superblasted ... no, that's not it. But it

definitely needs a term.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Before even looking at this thread, I knew it was yours Peck. Beautiful. Congrats buddy.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
WOW! I am impressed with JT Cooke's blasting technique. He is on my short list of must own pipes. Thanks for sharing! How do his pipes smoke? It looks as if he pre-carbs bowls. Can you elaborate on the stems/breaking in? Thanks in advance!

Dec 24, 2012
It looks as if he pre-carbs bowls. Can you elaborate on the stems/breaking in? Thanks in advance!
He does, as do many carvers. His coating is all natural and edible. The new pipes I have smoked of his were all easy to break in just by slow and steady smoking. No magic. I like his stems, but some of his larger pipes do have a thicker button on them than some might prefer. I have never had a problem, but then again, I have a big mouth.

Dec 24, 2012
Hey elpfeife - you don't by chance frequent a pipe forum in Germany do you? LOL. Can you explain why Germans don't like those tins they refer to as peanut cans?
Also, and for the record, please confirm that you are not a member of the David Hasselhoff fan club: http://www.hasselhoff-foundation.de

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Peck, that pipe is stunning. I've come to love looking at the Cooke blasts. One of these days I will get to that level. I remember when you posted the other dublin it really caught my eye. I am drawn to the colors of that first dublin, but the more traditional look of this new one is also quite appealing. Both are amazing for sure. This Dublin, your Michael parks long thin shank poker, and and your Parks canadian that was in the 2 pipe set with the billiard are 3 blasted pipes that really stand out to me. all are amazing examples of blasts in my opinion. I love the Rad blasts too, but these deep craggy blasts from Cooke and Parks take the cake in my book.

B

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
@Peck- The reason the Germans don't like using that type of tin for tobacco is the conviction that such containers should always be filled with Vienna sausages. I no longer belong to the Hasselhoff fan club, but he is a great man.

Status
Not open for further replies.