PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Wow, that was unexpected. I just grabbed my fifth Cooke pipe tonight - an apple. A great blast. Two more to go in the 7 day set.

Jul 12, 2011
That is a sweeeeet Cooke brother, I had my thumb over buy

button a few times (well within the first few seconds, before you

snagged it) but glad you got this one brother...

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks guys, I am pretty pleased. I wanted one of his apples, and I love the brown stain with the amber stem. And I love the blast. Is that sandblasting or sand carving? :rofl: Forget that old chestnut.
Now, my birthday is 12 days from now, so I have to tell the CEO that this is what she got me.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Looks like you guys have one more person to contend with....... I just signed up for his emails also! :D

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Awesome looking Cooke. Love the blast and the stem. I got the email and opened it within 2 minutes of it being sent and it was already reserved, you were really quick on the trigger on that one. I hope it smokes as well as your others, congrats. When I do eventually break down and get one, I think the apple is the shape I am going for.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Man that is a great looking pipe! Congrats, and happy birthday to you indeed. Enjoy.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
nice pick.. his blasts are do die for.. and the pipe aint half bad either ;-)
james
www.jsecpipes.com

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks guys. One of the downsides if you want a Cooke pipe is you need to decide really quickly, because if you pause for more than a few seconds, the chances are pretty good that some other buyer won't pause

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Peck,

Congratulations and Happy Birthday early. Every time I looked for one of J T Cooke's pipes it was the same story, sold, unavailable, Unfortunately, i.e. SOL..... I had about given up for the time being and went in other directions and then this showed up in a place I did not expect it to be.
8381846188_f3b6a45a88_b.jpg

First impression, sweet shape, then it's smooth and not a blast and I love a good blast, 90%+ of my pipes are blasts. There's nothing wrong with a straight grain, the few I have are beautiful to behold and smoke. So I hem, haw, talk myself out of it, go back and look at it, close the window, sigh you all know the drill, I bought it and couldn't be happier, I hope you get your 7 day set soon. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.