PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotnman

Lurker
Apr 12, 2018
Any Idea what kind of pipe brand and model# this might be that Jon Voight is smoking in movie Deliverance? Gonna try to post pics. Hope it works.
img_00181.jpg
tumblr_o7gereqbp81rhkw8mo3_1280.gif
img_0020-23.jpg
screenshot-3-copy-597x600.png
img_0013-22.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought that was a Peterson band, but I believe hawky spotted the tell, the big Chacom "C." James Dickey, the author who wrote Deliverance, was in the movie as a country Georgia Sheriff, and he did a great job acting. He was a colorful, troubled, bigger-than-life character. His main work was poetry. He wrote a great poem about Kudzu, and another one about the thoughts of a flight attendant (woman) who falls out of the plane, her thoughts on the way down. He had a day job, as a young man, as an ad copywriter, at which he was successful. He tooled around in a Jaguar XK-E. He was an ardent outdoorsman, bow hunter, canoeist, boater. He was a bomber navigator in WWII, though he seemed to fib about being a pilot. His son is now in later middle-age and is a foreign correspondent based, I think, in Paris. Smart like his dad, but much more grounded. He has a lot of his dad's verbal abilities, careful and precise, adept with detail and vocabulary. Christopher is the son.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Has a Savinelli look to me as well. I definitely don't get a Comoy's vibe.
I do know that that this there pipe don't go to Aintry.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0f112d6b-05a7-4742-b929-41cc1dd509f9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry, meant Comoy, not Chacom. Chacom derived from the joining of the Chapuis and Comoy companies, but the Chacom logo was a double "C". That's what comes from trying to do two or three things at once in a hurry. I knew what I meant; that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.