PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Not that you guys (or gals, for that matter) ever needed a reason to stoke a bowl; but last night my wife confirmed that we are expecting an addition to our family! While I don't relish the idea of having a newborn and a two-year old around the house, I'm walking on clouds today, and I'll really miss what is left of my social life, I'm walking on clouds today.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I'll smoke a celebratory bowl in honor of the good news, then I'll have a couple shots of whiskey to mourn the passing of any social life you once had :lol:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Congrats, we are looking forward to our second child also. When are you due? We are due in June! Are you going to find out the gender or wait?
I keep telling myself," I will be a lot more tired. the house will be a little more hectic, but our lives will be much more blessed."

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I look into the eyes of my three little girls and I see the purest form of love one human being can have for another. It is though you are peering into the eyes of God. When they are young they are completely innocent and depend upon you to show them the way. I pray your newest endevour into fatherhood will teach you just as much as they need to learn from you. Oh and I will be firin' one up on the way to work tonight for you. Cheers sir.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Buster; we too are due end of June or early July, but Duncan (our son) came five weeks early, so I am not going to put *too* much weight in the due-date. I seem to recall running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything in order...and still forgetting half the stuff we needed (for example, I packed a dozen pairs of socks and boxers, but no extra t-shirts, three packs of smokes but no lighter, etc. etc.).

While we didn't want to find out the sex with our first, it happened anyway when we went in for the last ultra-sound. It is kind of hard to measure hips and femur growth without a glimpse of the package (or lack thereof). Ostensibly, we won't purposefully find out this time either, but it may happen anyway. If you're wondering, I am hoping it's a girl this time around - if only to complete the picture of me sitting on the front porch in a rocking chair, hound-dog at my feet, shotgun on my lap, and corncob screwed into my yap.
Your attitude mirrors mine exactly, too - Shari (my wife) was concerned that I wouldn't react well, as this child is by no means planned, but hey, as Cyndi said, kids rock...but I am getting the snip once this one is born healthy.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:clap:

Congratulations!

:clap:
Hmmmmm let's see....

How about a bowl of Vanilla Cream Flake, innnnn, my Ascorti New Line?

Kids love niller.

Me too.

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.