PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Chapter 2 of Crowder and pipes.
I started a thread a couple weeks ago about Steven Crowder having a pipe rack on his desk in studio. He was recently a guest on the Joe Rogan show which gets about 90 million listeners. Steven brings pipes to the show and they discuss and smoke on air. Has the briar gone mainstream? Very cool. They break out the pipes about 3 minutes into the show.
http://youtu.be/LKSTg9CgQq8

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Has the briar gone mainstream?
I think so. Youtube Pipe Community is expanding day by day, lots of pipe smokers appear on Instagram everyday. And recent movies (mostly the ones with the post apocalyptic theme) have at least one pipe smoker.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Looking forward to the episode! I regularly listen to Rogans podcast. An entertaining show with very varying subjects!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I watched the whole yesterday and commented on the other thread. They really smoke the pipes. It's mainly in the beginning but it is interspersed throughout. Not to mention it's a great back and forth.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
While I disagree with both of them on many things, I admire both of these men. It's refreshing to see 2 men like them sit down and be able to disagree and discuss without name-calling or screaming at one another. It's OK to disagree and discuss and remain civil.
Also nice to see them enjoying a pipe together. :D

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
Lol.

Did you even watch the podcast?
"Don't interrupt me, you fuck."

"You son of a bitch."

"Hold on, fuckface!"

"If you want to get high, you're a moron."
Yeah, might have spoken a little too soon into the video on that one! :D
It did get a little heated a few times later in the video. Although it seemed like most of it was good-natured banter, a couple times they did seem to get a little over-the-top.
Still, it was immensely more civil than most similar exchanges you see these days.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just started a thread of my own about Rogan and Crowder cause I didn't see that you had started a thread on the same subject. I'm still watching the show right now. I'm a big Rogan fan and now I'll be looking into this Crowder guy.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I'm a huge fan of both shows.

Crowder has a pipe stand on his desk for his show.
Joe Rogan said it was way too much work to smoke a pipe. Steven tried to explain the process of lighting, tamping, etc is part of the relaxing and meditative experience.
I thought it was great to see the briar go prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.