PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The tangy, dark fruit sweet Virginias also have a touch of earth. The Turkish adds a woody essence. The fire-cured mahogany Kentucky is also a little woody with some spice and mild nuttiness. The perique is plum and pepper with some raisin notes. The cinnamon topping is mild, and adds some dimension to the spice flavor. Though it’s more obvious in the first half of the smoke much of the time, you will feel its presence to the finish. The sweetness seems more obvious in the first half as well. I don’t think I’d say this blend gets peppery in the second half of the bowl as the description says so much as it seems to be a little less sweeter, which allows the spice to appear to be more prominent. Burns cool and well with no dull or harsh spots with pleasing consistency of flavor during and after the smoke. Won’t bite either, and you'll likely enjoy the spice tingle from beginning to end.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
An excellent description and very similar to my sampling over the past weekend. Shanelktown kindly gifted me a generous amount from the Pax crawl selection and I found Firestorm to be a very complex and sometimes robust smoke. I did get a healthy dose of the peppery notes through the nose about mid bowl. Once so much so I think my eyes crossed! All in all an excellent, all day VaPer that satisfies and keeps me wanting more.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Lord: it was mentioned at TR. There's is a slight woodiness present, so I figured it came from Turkish. If I'm wrong about the Turkish, I'm still right about the slight woodiness, which could come from the dark fired Kentucky.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I sent TR an email about the misstatement about there being Turkish and they removed the Turkish reference in the component list, but not in the copy. For the record, Fire Storm is Virginia, Perique and a select dark-fired Kentucky. Thanks, as always, for your review Jim.
Russ

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They also had it listed as a curly cut. I fixed the descriptions. Whomever wrote it didn't pay close attention. Thanks, Russ, for the clarification and kind words about my review.

Jan 8, 2013
I have not tried it yet, but I keep reading good reasons to do so. Will likely put some in my next TAD order. Thanks for the review, Jim.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
And the TR inconsistency strikes again.
I'm not so sure, they probably just copied the description from the sticker on the bottom of the tin. I just got a tin of this today and it states "a bit of rich Turkish" on the tin.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
UH-OH! 8O
Peaked my interest so I had to look at the sticker as well. I don't know if I want to open this tin for the tobacco crawl now; could be a limited edition if the stickers get changed down the road. :)

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I don't know if I want to open this tin for the tobacco crawl now; could be a limited edition if the stickers get changed down the road.
LOL, I thought the exact same thing. Those packaging misprints really jack up the dollar value on a collectable.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Curious. I write the descriptions for the back label, and I just checked the email that had the directions I sent and there was no mention of Turkish. In any case...no Turkish.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.