PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Scotney:

The Virginias are earthy, tangy sweet (indicating red Va. is one of them) with a touch of citrus, and very slightly grassy. The perique is plum, fig and dried fruit with some pepper. The amount of perique is ten percent of the components. The lightly applied topping is tomato sweet, but it doesn't taste ketchupy. Somehow, it seems to meld well with the tobaccos as the flavor is consistent all the way to the finish. Not as complex as some of Hans' other blends, it is a medium strength lightly aromatic broken flake that is easily rubbed out. It has a mild to medium nic-hit, and is more than a once a day pleasure. It burns smooth, slow, cool, and dry, requiring only a few relights, and leaving no dottle.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Thanks Jim! I am putting the finishing touches on my cellar (ha, ha; are we ever really done?) and this one looks intriguing.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Deniz: I corrected my old review at TR a long time ago, but never did here. This may make a difference to you.
The Virginias are earthy, tangy sweet (indicating red Va. is one of them) with a touch of citrus, and very slightly grassy. The perique is plum, fig and dried fruit with some pepper. The amount of perique is ten percent of the components. The lightly applied topping is green tomato sweet, and doesn't taste ketchupy nor does it tone down the tobaccos much. Somehow, it seems to meld well with the tobaccos as the flavor is consistent all the way to the finish. Not as complex as some of Hans' other blends, it is a medium strength lightly aromatic broken flake that is easily rubbed out, and burns at a reasonable pace. It has a mild to medium nic-hit, and is more than a once a day pleasure. It burns smooth, slow, cool, and dry, requiring only a few relights, and leaves little dampness in the bowl. No chance of bite or harshness. Has a decent after taste. Can be an all day smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.